Slow IPTV with Surfshark

IPTV slows down when Surfshark is running. With I get 17 - 19
Without Surfshark I get 68 - 70 download

1 Like

Anything running through a VPN always slows down. 68-70 isn’t a terribly high download speed to begin with, but would be nice if we could get that to 30-40 through the VPN.

What protocol and what location are you using?

I have been connecting to Chicago and Toronto as needed.
Just now I had to shut down Surfshark to get any programing on IPTV.
I think maybe I should uninstall and re-install Surfshark.

2 Likes

Where did you get it? Go to Troy’s Toolbox & download a copy…got some more tips for ya but will wait till you reinstall it…

Downloader…type in 250931

3 Likes

You should first, find out what your down speed is that you pay for then start running speed tests on different protocols.

1 Like

Just re-installed from toolbox.

I’ve been watching OTA today but just fired up my device & am not even getting 90Mbps thru SS…have tried a dozen of my favorite cities/servers…so…I’m guessing they’re doing some maintenance or something. I normally get 150 - 180…so something is definitely up with them.

At least from my location/perspective…

1 Like

Try New York! lol Just ran a 260Mbps through New York. @Roy55 , like Dracoo mentioned, what speed of internet do you pay for? Is it 100Mbps service?

2 Likes

New York has been my fastest for the past month…but not today…they’re all the same…slow. When I click on Fastest Server option…Boston comes up…that’s a new one on me…of my half dozen favorites…it didn’t even make the list. :face_with_monocle:

After re-installing everything is working as it should.
Thanks for the quick response.

2 Likes

Yeah…but now mine isn’t :cry: ha ha

Today im finding the Dallas server the fastest

Copy…all is better with mine now…Dallas & New York both @ high levels. Definitely think they were fiddling around with something & got r’ done :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

Their fastest server option for some reason was never the fastest for me. I’ve checked when I ran it and switched to different locations only to find them faster. I just checked my Express and seems to be the same. Their fastest is not compared to a couple others I just checked

Copy that…I click on it every now & then just to see what it picks me…sometimes it finds a good one, but not consistently…fer sure. Today Boston came up for the first time ever…weird :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I switched to Bosten an getting 240 up to 290 . That’s the best I ever got with Surf Shark .

Usually if I have problems with buffering or low speeds I have to reboot my AT&T U-verse modem only get 50 out of it anyways. And pushing the red button doesn’t any good I have to actually disconnect the power the reboot it to make it work again. The other day I was watching a show on ipvt provider start buffering buffer got worse worse worse finally I was getting non connection codes rebooted the modem no good rebooted surfshark no good I had to go in and force stop TV mate clear the cache and start it up again then the buffing went away it’s weird. S****** happens you got to clear everything until you solve the problem. I’ve had a force stop and clear the cache on surfshark several times to get it to clear and work.

1 Like

I see your issue is resolved but I think people that are huge VPN users should have a sub with each of the top services bc they each have a specific thing they are great at one may be great at unblocking geo blocks and another one is great at giving you the faster speeds I have IP vanish and SS and I use each for different things and when I get the funds I’m actually going to get sub all the top services because I still haven’t found VPN that works for IPTV I keep getting buffering when I use it no matter the configuration I’m going to try again when I get subs to the other top VPNs one has to work I have 1200 Mbps speed and my ISP doesn’t throttle ever only time they did was the pandemic when all companies were adjusting to the massive increase in traffic

2 Likes

I forgot to mention that when I have a VPN on my PC I cannot log on to my AT&T account.

Try ProtonVPN. It’s what I use. Not the best GUI for me, as options are missing on FireTV. No buffering on my iptv services, but that depends on a lot of factors. gl2u

2 Likes