Sharing Kodi info between Android boxes

Is there a way to share information that is stored in Kodi on one Android box such as my favorite TV shows and movies, and other saved information, and share it with another Android box?

Thanks!

Update: I was able to use the app “X-plore” on my phone to copy the favorites.xml file, and paste it into the other Android box. After doing so, I opened the build and my favourites from the other box are there! The file is deep into the file system.

4 Likes

I know emby does with emby con. It allows you to watch kodi through the emby client.

2 Likes

You could also use Trakt TV. Since it is cloud based your Movies/Shows will be on whatever device you use

7 Likes

I use the backup-restore function in THE CREW maintenance wizard. Backup KODI from my main box and restore on the other boxes via usb drive. You can also save different versions of different builds, etc.

4 Likes

@bor76 has the best answer. In the official Kodi repository is the backup addon. It works pretty well but lacks some features and doesn’t do a good job of compression. Alternatively, you can use a wizard like the crew wizard addon and do a backup and restore using that. You still need to install the addon on both devices and transfer the file between the two. But it will make an exact 1-to-1 copy, including your skin and shortcuts.

1 Like

Seems like a lot of work doing a backup restore every time you want to get both devices in sync vs using a cloud based solution like Trakt

1 Like

Nevermind

If that’s all you’re trying to do, sure. If you only have one addon installed and no shortcuts setup or anything then installing your one addon and linking Trakt is fine. But when you’re talking 6 addons, menu customization, shortcuts, system settings, etc. it can be very time consuming to do all that and sync Trakt with each one.

When you have six add-ons aren’t they all pulling in the same stream?

I stand by what I said. All Addons that are Trakt compatible will always have the same shows/movies. So if you have 1 or 100 addons all your Trakt stuff will be in there. The backup/restore is just not efficient. The main purpose of this hobby is to watch movies/shows not fiddle with your skin settings. Trakt is the best way to sync what you want to watch

4 Likes

Thanks for all of your responses!

Seems Trakt is the easy solution. Since it can keep a list of your favorites, that’s easier than copying the favorite.XML file between boxes. I used Trakt a few years ago and had forgotten some of the features. Seems a bit overwhelming at first, but, has great features and shares info between different platforms and boxes.

1 Like

Yeah I probably only use a small percentage of the functionality it has however it has always worked great. Just add what you want to your collection. I keep a browser tab of it always opened on my PC and the app on my phone. Anytime I hear or see something I may want to watch I’ll add it to my collection on the PC or App then the next time I fire up my T95Z’s or ONN box and go into KODI it is there on every addon I have and every device I use. After watching a series or movie I’ll just remove from my collection

Another cool feature is you can go in and create customized lists. For example today I went in and created a list called 2023 Oscar Nominations and then Added all the movies to the list

That requires the premium EMBY subscription correct in order to access the feature that allows you to use Kodi ?

This video shows you how to save your KODI and transfer it to any other device with USB or cloud Easy - Back-Up your Kodi Set-Up on a Fire Stick and Install on Another Stick

This has been the best most efficient way I’ve seen to do this

1 Like

yes I believe so

Trakt is the way

Programing KODI or any over progam file depending the kind o.
The programming like a FORK or
The kind of KODI you use.
Your box still the programming.