Scariest Movie of ALL time?

Whats your FAV scariest movie of ALL time, Vote below or Post about it.

• The Shining (1980)
  • Rosemarys Baby (1968)
  • Friday the 13th (1980)
  • Scream (1986)
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
  • Poltergeist (1982)
  • Halloween (1978)
  • Psycho (1960)
  • The Exorcist (1973)
0 voters

For me being the tender age of 11-12 halloween was for sure the scariest lol.

My wife,says the Evil Dead scared her most.

2 Likes

The shining gets me, most likely because you know Jack :joy:

There are 2 movies to this day I am hesitant to watch again. The Exorcist and The Passion of the Christ. Both are extremely realistically graphic.

1 Like

I remember watching Amityville Horror in the movie theater on the big screen. When the little girl walked up on that steep roof, scared the heck out of me lol. (or at least freaked me out)

1 Like

I was in college when I saw the Exorcist in Indy. It was a weekend and most of the dorm was empty. I slept with a Bible tucked under my pillow…and that’s the truth. When I was able to drive home. I immediately looked for my old Ouija board I had and burned it!

The Passion of the Christ got to me because they didn’t sugar coat the brutality of how awful Christ was tortured.

9 Likes

Joe biden’s inauguration!

13 Likes

Salem’s Lot for me ugliest vampire i ever watched .

3 Likes

I was a kid when I saw the exorcist. For weeks I slept with the light on and wouldn’t let my feet hang over the edge of the sofa, same with Salem’s Lot (the original w/ David Soul).

2 Likes

price of broadband is frightening

2 Likes

I skipped that one,imdb was full of paid positive reviews so that tipped me off it was gonna be a stinker lol

1 Like

“House on Haunted Hill” (1959). William Castle’s best.

5 Likes

One of my favorites. Also, The Haunting both the 1963 and the 1999 versions are pretty good. I like the acting in the 1999 version better, Liam Neeson, Catherine Zeta-Jones

Another very good one is 1408

2 Likes

In the era - Salem’s Lot, Carrie, Rosemary, Children of Corn were good scares.

Original Evil Dead and Exorcist freaked me out. The Shining deserves a mention.

For post 2000 era, the Ring and REC was good.

Slash flicks and modern horror, obsessed with religious horror and paranormal themes all feel meh. Maybe the movie Hereditary could be an exception.

2 Likes

Forgot about Carrie, that was a good one.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to mention Zombeavers (2014) - IMDb
Just have some fun with it. Lol

2 Likes

So for those that watched the original exorcist…

So, when the priest at the end saved the day (warning - spoiler coming!) when he threw himself out the window and killed himself and the devil Pazuzu who just possessed him - does this selfless action exempt from the catholic no-no of suicide ticket to hell?

Just wondering…

1 Like

He didn’t kill the demon. He killed himself. The demon lived on. At least that is how I interpreted it.

The other part of your question I can’t answer.

1 Like

I remember Children of the Corn being pretty scary.

I believe the idea was when Father Karras convinced the demon to leave the body of the girl and possess him instead, he threw himself out of the window to his death with the demon ultimately trapped inside his dead body.

1 Like