Samsung just debuted its Best 8K TVs to date – CES 2024

Samsung just debuted its Best 8K TVs to date - CES 2024

8 Likes

Wow… If the upscaler does as it states this will be a fantastic device.

1 Like

I’ll take two please thank you. Probably very pricey right now :astonished: love me a Samsung tv

1 Like

The thing I liked about my new 2023 Samsung was the one connect box. Made it so easy to set everything up.

4 Likes

Yes they are great have it on mine and it is a few year’s old already very easy setup :+1:

2 Likes

Yeah, my Q80 is a few years old now, but I still love it… Hard to beat these televisions!

2 Likes

Isn’t it strange how fast your tvs get old? – the wife is not buying it…literally and figuratively

@Bigrich @Miki @StreamPatron @TXRon @carlbs
Looks like Samsung is the recommended TV to go for​:wink::blush:
Now I need to replace my LG 75" asap.
I appreciate all your responses, but I am not a good technology expert.
There are many ideas with lots of models. I’m wanting a large screen (more than my 75") and one that doesn’t force me to only use the programs or applications like LG did :rage:
I don’t need for games, but mostly only for streaming movies and TV and live sports, etc… kodi, hulu, smarters with iptv.
One with clearest picture, great sound and EASY TO USE :grin::raised_hands::+1:

I am a Samsung person all the way, but it does have limits like the Tizen OS. But that hasn’t ever stopped me as I have always used a streamer plugged into it. If Dolby Digital is vital to you then again, Samsung is out. But as far as ease of setup goes I love Samsung especially with the new one connect box, upscaling, and auto sound space tuning. Also the SmartThing app on my phone allows me to make any sound adjustments I want from my chair and using my phone or tablet.

3 Likes

I agree with Miki totally can’t beat them in my opinion been using them for years and are very dependable for me. As far as what you want in that size is going to be a bit pricey. Depending on how much you have to spend. Need a little more to go with will keep a eye out for a deal. Usually now around supper bowl can get some deals out there.

2 Likes

Thanks for your response @Miki :hugs:
What size is your Samsung? (My LG was 75")
I definitely want an even larger size​:laughing::sweat_smile::rofl:. When I watch sports especially I love the large screen, plus when I watch movies I want to feel like I’m at the theater and I LOVE the screen to make me feel I’m at the cinema or drive-in theater and have the screen almost cover my entire wall :smile::eyes:
When I watch a movie like “Top Gun” so I can FEEL those jets flying and feel the movements of them & feel my stomach drop!! :sweat_smile::rofl::joy:
I’m

1 Like

Mine is 65", but I’m in an apartment and the living room is 10ft wide. So the TV is about 8ft away and 65 is plenty.

2 Likes

This one along, with the matching soundbar, cost me $6500 and was their top of the line. We treated ourselves when we had to return from Mexico. Samsung QN65S95C.

1 Like

@Bigrich Size is definitely something that I want
I had a 75" and when I moved here to be with my mom, her house has larger walls than I had at my other house. So when I wall mounted it here I was disappointed because it reminded me of having an old 19" TV - lost on the wall here :sweat_smile::rofl::joy:
Call me spoiled but I’m heading into my 70’s next month so I want to watch and hear my shows like I’ve always dreamed of!!
Problem is I’m not a technical person so I don’t know which models would be the best. That’s why I asked my friends here because I know you’ll all be honest and helpful.
By the way, how have you been doing my friend?
I’m really busy here trying to take care of my mom.
Thanks again for responding :kissing_heart::hugs:

We’re good tx @Patachou and so pleased to see our prayers for you and your family were answered. Btw my matching system sound bar is awesome 11.1.5 So I set it to adaptive sound and then it analyzes the sound and adjusts on the fly to give you theater quality sound. I love it. Q990C

1 Like

That’s what I’m doing @Miki , treating myself to something I want after so many years, moving from Illinois, selling my home up there, moving in with my mom to help her from having to go to assisted living, etc… but I had no idea it would be so hard to do. I know so many TV’s are being sold at low prices but I want the newest version! You know what I mean. I think it’s time to get what I want :grin:

I’m so glad you told me about the sounbar
On this old 75" LG - :coffin: I could never get really good sound, even with a soundbar​:pensive:plus, it had limited sound setup 4.1 :frowning:

I’m sure between everyone here we will come up with something we’re on the case. Hanging in there and so glad you and your Mom are doing well. Will do some digging and try to come up with something

1 Like

My Shield plugs into the soundbar, one cable out to the one connect box and then it’s cable plugs into the TV. It switches everything for you and does a setup as well. Q990C. 11.1.5

1 Like

@Patachou I have purchased 3
Samsung tv’s in the last 2 years.
I recommend them for sure , however
you are limited to the apps within their
Tizen OS which is quiet powerful by the
way. Many Many free apps within their
app store. For example Samsung Tv Plus,
Pluto, Stirr, Xumo, Distro and lots more.
I have a firestick 4K Max for additional
streaming ability plugged in to my
Hdmi “earc” port and it powers on the
tv and firestick simultaneously.
If you want everything on one system
Amazon fire tv is a good option also and
the tv OS can be jail broke on those but
you will be limited to around 4-5 GB
storage for applications which is by the
way plenty for a minimalist such as my
self.

1 Like