Same or different, IPTV Provider?

I subscribed to provider “X”. No problem, but opted to also purchase a “backup” and purchased/subscribed to a totally different provider. We will call that provider “y”. Different website, was listed as a different provider in the Troypoint recommended providers, different pricing structure…seemed to be totally different service. So I Activated, received my unique credentials, used them, no issues. All good.

I was having some buffering issues with my first provider, provider “X”. So I went to provider “x”'s website, and checked their FAQ/Knowledgebase tips. It listed about 5 URL’s that it said to try as options, if a customer encountered lots of buffering. (one URL may get heavily loaded with requests/traffic and the other 4 may have lighter load/less traffic). It was then that I noticed one of the URL’s listed for provider “X”? Was the EXACT same URL that provider “Y” gave me when I signed up for them. (but with unique credentials).

For the heck of it, I tested using the url provided by provider “y” but with the credentials I have with provider “x”. and lo and behold? It worked.

My question: safe to assume Its the exact same company, and I acutally DONT have a backup, as they both are using the exact same servers?

4 Likes

When encountering buffering please take a look here, lots of info.

2 Likes

Seems like a scam. You should contact both companies to try to get a refund on the higher price one. If that fails contact you credit card company and state fraudert double charge same company services with different names. Hopefully your credit card company should do an inquiry and credit your account.

Very common and very hard to know without asking in the forum here as many people have talked about this before. Live and learn, take notes. There are actually a few actual providers and hundreds of re-sellers.

2 Likes

Two different resellers of the same service. Not that uncommon. I collect url when I do trials and if the channel lineup looks the same I do as you do and test with the other sellers urls.

1 Like

Thanks. Lesson learned this time. Fortunately it was for a short plan so only a less than $20 “loss”. But definitely learned! A shame that Troypoint doesnt vet them before including in their “top ten iptv services”. Because thats where I found both of them…

3 Likes

Become a a patron and we can talk about different services more openly.

3 Likes

Thanks. Im going to do just that. Thanks!

3 Likes

And Now I should be showing as an official Patron.

4 Likes

A lot of unverified IPTV is trial and error. Troy always recommends short subs for this reason. Lots of services share the same servers, so it is difficult to find “backups” that are completely different. Again, lots of trial and error, and now that you are a patron, you can listen to the talk about them.

3 Likes

Always start with research. Try to access any Discord, Telegram, Redditt chat group and read a bunch of comments and how issues are addressed. Ask in proper groups their experience, knowledge, and opinions about the services you are interested in.

Next ask for a free or very low-cost trial and compare them with one another. Then only do a ONE-MONTH sub to start, then a 3 month if things look promising. After that, if things still look good then go with the subscription that optimizes your dollar, but NEVER gamble more than you can afford to lose!

You are not alone in this. Many of us (me included) have experienced the exact same predicament.

Btw, I would be curious to know which services you used. You can’t post them here but you can in locked threads denoted with the :lock:

5 Likes