Safest easiest way to send money

Yep, so far, for small transactions, Paxful doesn’t make you show your ID. But they still have your name and address…they didn’t let me fake it lol. So not that much different really.

2 Likes

The only thing that you have to worry about is the crypto company saving records like I said about PayPal said they would not. Big concern. Maybe I’m reading too much into this but just want to make the smartest and safest decision

1 Like

If anything is saved, this is what could possibly be saved. I crossed off the wallet ID, but literally, no personal identifiers, no reason for sending the crypto, no nothing. Much more anonymous than a note on your credit card bill about an IPTV service attached to your card information.

If you get it and give me your wallet number, I could send the same to you. It doesn’t have to be for anything in return, could be a birthday gift. Don’t see that standing up in a court anywhere for anyone.

3 Likes

I poked around Paxful and the best I could make of it was you were buying BTC from different individuals. It seemed a little non secure to me, not knowing these individuals. But what I really didn’t like was they were marking up the price you would pay of what BTC was actually trading for on an exchange such as Coibase. You can see the actually markups and I was seeing anything from 18% to 30+% markups. I assume these people selling you BTC are doing it as a way to make income.

2 Likes

That’s where I got held up with Paxful too. Coinbase charges you a transaction fee, no getting around that, but as I’ve mentioned before that to me is the extra price for more anonymity.

3 Likes

Best I can tell the fees at Coinbase are very small. I paid 0.24 cents for $60 worth of BTC. That’s like 0.4%. I think maybe it is 0.6% to send it somewhere. 1% total fee is pretty good for the privacy. It is a lot more private, as you pointed out, than the paper trail of Credit Cards. Also it has been mentioned that lots of places give you an added discount for using Crypto. Doesn’t take much added discount to cover 1%.

2 Likes

Eventually governments will take over all financial transactions the way they already do in China. Then everything you purchase right down to a stick of bubble gum will be recorded and have government access. That’s when the iptv services may see the end of times?

2 Likes

I would think a lot more than just unverified IPTV services would see the end of times if this happens lol. My argument is, how can anyone track the purpose of this transaction? I can’t think of a way that anyone could, as it is person to person. On paper it seems as innocent as possible.

2 Likes

But that is the point. You send to a real person’s wallet. If they got busted by ACE. Then the first thing the government does is lockdown and seized that person’s financial records. Then that person would have a record of who sent money and where. Therefore, if the btc keeps a record of transactions and has your real name and address. I would imagine, if the government really wanted to, they could track you down.

I don’t know if there is any 100% anonymous way to do business.

Put it this way, we have all gone through the process of buying a house and when at the closing you are not allowed to write a check, bring cash, or even use a cashier’s check. The monies need to be verified and then transferred. So, could a person use BTC to make a purchase at the closing? I don’t know, but I have a suspicion that you cannot.

2 Likes

This is 100% accurate. There isn’t a perfect way to do any of the cord-cutting purchases that we make. I understand all of your other points as well, and they are very valid. I’m not annointing Crypto payments as the end-all, be-all, what I’m saying is it is harder to trace the intent of the purchase (transaction I should say). When, if you used a credit card, the transaction is named on your statement (although most of the time disguised hopefully).

2 Likes

Nothing is safe and secure on the internet, havent yall heard :skull: :alien: :joy:

1 Like

Oh, I agree! I know sooner or later, I will have to do the BTC, too. I just tried for the 1st time about a week or so ago and ran into many difficulties. One of which was linking my CC or debit card to Cash App. Apparently, only certain CC can be linked and when I tried linking my bank’s debit card, my bank refused the transaction. I suppose I could contact my bank and resolve that issue, but I decided it just wasn’t worth all that effort at this time.

Seems like to me that a simple wire transfer of funds from one person to another is basically the same as a BTC transfer. Back in the day I could Western Union any amount of money to my kid anywhere in the world. So why don’t these iptv guys do something similar? Ex: I wire FOO Man Choo $60 USD to him, and he activates my service. That way I just sent money to a friend and not to a service.

I am not so certain transferring money via BTC or any other method of money transfer, would negate the potential tax liability?

2 Likes

I recently opened an account with Coinbase and setup a direct link to my Capital One bank account. It went through instantly and I purchased some BTC within minutes. I then checked my bank account and $60 was transferred, no fees. The only hangup is Coinbase put a 10 day hold on being able to send the BTC anywhere. I have 3 more days to wait. So far so good, my BTC value is up to $63. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Next time I need some ready to use BTC, I will send money to Coinbase 10 days in advance and “then” buy the BTC. That should fix the problem of being put on hold… I think.

If you use Syncler, it is a lot cheaper to use BTC vs CC.

2 Likes

That hold isn’t normal unless they suspect an issue with your account. Like they think someone has hacked into it or something. All of these are for your protection. The 10 day hold isn’t normal once established.

2 Likes

Guys, What I mean is coinbase is fine but they made it so you need ID verification to join and use, and they also make you reup your Id every so often, that was my point. If i wanna pay with crypto anonymously using then using my ID to do so defeats the purpose was my point. Crypto is fine, coinbase is safe.

2 Likes

I agree the whole point is safety and anonymous purchases. I miss the old days when you could just buy a prepaid card and pay that way

1 Like

I made a topic going forward for anyone who wants to learn and use crypto.

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.