Safest easiest way to send money

@Bigrich…Using Bitcoin seems daunting and scary before you get started, but honestly it is pretty simple once you get rolling. @TP-Dracoo has recommended using Paxful for crypto, I still use Coinbase. I know there has been talk of Coinbase not as anonymous as it used to be, but they are an upstanding company I don’t think it is as critical if they have my information as these other 3rd party apps and unverified IPTV services. Once you get it setup, it is almost like using a prepaid credit card, just with bitcoin. I buy what I need just before I need it, pay for a sub and then repeat.

5 Likes

Just old-fashioned and set in my ways I hate change and hate even more to be forced into doing something I don’t want even though I know I have to . I just like to see what everyone else is using before I take the plunge. Thanks for your input :v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

What do you use for payment for service’s sorry now I see it you use Coinbase sorry missed it :joy:

1 Like

I use coinbase. Its easy to set up and seems reputable. Many of the iptv services offer a discount when paying with crypto.

4 Likes

I’m going to look into Coinbase sound’s like the majority like it . I have just heard some bad news about crypto that I just stayed away but now I am forced to use it. Like I said I didn’t want a smart phone either and now I love it. Thanks for all the input from everyone :v::sunglasses::thinking:

1 Like

The whole point of crypto was to haves access to money that wasent traced by the goverment or banks. To actually have money for yourself with out having to id or any of that nonsense. Crypto is now tracked by the goverment and all these places make you id for it… its nonsense.

Coinbase works well. I perfer to buy without verification with paxful.

1 Like

Thanks see that’s another option I never heard of that’s why I wanted to see if anything new and what everyone else is doing. I will look into paxful thanks :+1:

1 Like

@Bigrich strange to hear a cord cutter that doesn’t like change. This whole hobby is all about change. anyway I digress. I’ve been using Bitcoin for a while now. IMO you can’t go wrong with Coinbase, CashApp, or PYPL. CashApp probably the easiest road to go down if you are just going to make a few transactions for say IPTV. Coinbase and Coinbase Pro more robust with more features, charting for crypto traders/investors and such. As far as Transaction fees for Crypto just the cost of doing business.

1 Like

Exactly! you have to jump thru hoops to use it ( Crypto) and there tracking it now! Where’s the safety and anonymity?

2 Likes

Thanks I’m wanting to get something safe and easy of course but what’s the sense if it’s not accepted everywhere and keeps your identity unknown thanks

1 Like

Personal anonymity has always been there with Crypto. What people don’t appreciate is the transaction has always been public due to the very nature of the product. Slowly but surely identification and personal verifications is creeping in. It will soon be no more secure or private than any other payment process.

2 Likes

I can see how the govt accessing your coinbase account (probably not too easy legally) and verifying you bought and sent some crypto somewhere. But not sure they can tell who received the BTC. How would they know who you sent money to?

2 Likes

I’m really having a problem with my eyes trying to read All the reviews and info on all this that is on line. The I’m talking some medication that effects my vision and can’t read that long or well. That’s why I’m relying on my Troy point friends to school me in this problem and appreciate everyone’s thoughts and help :+1::grin:

Cypto has changed in the past 3 years. As it transitioned into the mainstream, it lost is intended purpose. That being the anonymity aspect. As people and demand looked to use Crypto for traditional transactions within a regulated economy, thus the goalposts have changed. You can’t be active in a regulated, verified and ID secure environment, while using Crypto. It’s simply that the industry expanded and evolved. To access those areas, regulation and ID are required. There’s no getting away from the fact that Crypto has taken a step back in that respect. People want to buy products in the mainstream economy with paying tax. Without any formal filings or declarations and that’s raised the red flag and got govs and financial authorities involved. Bottom line, you can’t have your cake and eat it. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

I learned something from the Motley Fool crew about making a trade on Coinbase. When you make a trade, there are 2 choices… Simple and Advanced. The Simple method would have cost me 1.49 in fees. I used the Advanced method and it cost 0.24 in fees.

It isn’t really more difficult… just a scam way for them to make more in fees as their website leads you into the Simple method. I just found after reading this review.

2 Likes

Coinbase is the safest imho…if that term is allowable in the crypto world…then give it to coinbase :+1:

2 Likes

Yes I still agree Coinbase is safe. I know they have your ID from the beginning of the setup, and if they see anything fishy on your account they just want to know you are the account holder. These IPTV purchases have no note on the transfer, as far as they know it is just you sending to a friend’s wallet. Then that friend secretly gives you a service as a gift. lol

2 Likes

That’s supposed to be the whole point of it that it’s safe and keeps your identity unknown. But if the crypto company knows who you are paying and for what the whole thing is for nothing. Years ago when PayPal said they don’t keep records and would never give up your records they lied. I have friends that used them to buy code’s for the old style boxes that were used to get TV shows and movies I’m going back a ways here and PayPal gave up dates transactions and they had emails and the codes and everything and dish network was taking people to court and wining. Again identity is important with buying certain service nowadays

Tpdracoo suggest paxful and is supposed to be identity unknown still

1 Like

There is no information about the transfer, other than whose wallet it is going into. It is just sending a friend Crypto. It doesn’t say IPTV Service or anything. The receiver doesn’t see your information at all.

2 Likes