Safest easiest way to send money

I know this has been discussed many times but I know things in this catagory are changing constantly. I am a older guy that hates change . I have always been able to purchase a prepaid credit card for payment for my needs . Today I was forced to use my PayPal to pay for my syncler renewal but wasn’t happy. I knew I would eventually have to get into some kind of crypto type of currency. I would like to ask for advice on this subject but of course need something safe easy and accepted everywhere. Thanks :thinking:

2 Likes

Do they not take the cash app? Im not much help, although I really like syncler, I ditched it for stremio and I already have prime.

3 Likes

Hi @Bigrich don’t know if you’ve seen this before on Troy’s website but it’s just an easy to understand tutorial on using crypto. Hope this helps a bit.

https://troypoint.com/how-to-buy-bitcoin/

3 Likes

I have stremio also but syncler pulls links sometimes that stremio doesn’t. I’m not familiar with cash app :thinking:

1 Like

Thanks popas I have already looked at that.like I said I know there is always something new and just wanted to see what everyone else is using. I said I would never use it but then again I said I would never get a smart phone either :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is an option but a low limit credit card?

3 Likes

A lot of places are not accepting credit cards anymore as in the case of Orion and syncler I was trying to setup today with no luck. It says they accept Paypal but when you go further it’s all crypto. Don’t really like dealing with overseas when it comes to identity and money.

1 Like

Ok im most likely in the minority here as I will use paypal but not crypto for iptv transactions. I have a crypto account and it stays put and I only use it for that only(I have issues I know) I am not a fan of paypal but they are a safe go-between for payment and your bank funds and because of that I use them only for that. You will also find paypal will kill a transaction with many providers (if things are worded to draw attention).

1 Like

My Syncler renewal comes up in a few months. I’m doing yearly sub ($15). In the past, I used my CC to buy it and you have to go thru a 3rd party to make the payment. Their fees were ridiculously high. I can’t remember but I know I paid over $20.

I recently opened an account with Coinbase (crypto exchange) and bought $60 worth of Bitcoin (BTC). I paid 0.24 in fees for the transaction which I will use it to buy a IPTV service in a few days. Anyway, I’ve tried using Paypal for crypto and it was 1.99 fee to purchase and then it had problems using the BTC so I sold it and wrote Paypal off.

I figure it may cost 2-3% at the most using crypto vs a CC. It is awkward as hell, but it makes sense for something like Syncler. And it is more private.

2 Likes

Are you saying PayPal has crypto.? But the thing I don’t like when using PayPal you have to use your real name and that the whole point.

1 Like

yes you can tie coinbase to paypal for transactions. By using paypal you are shielded from bad actors somewhat. Crypto as well I just advise use caution being new to it.

2 Likes

Yes I always used credit card but now they don’t accept it even the reseller forced to use PayPal to pay my syncler but wanted to upgrade my Orion and need crypto they don’t accept Paypal

The only thing with that is your anonymity is non existent

1 Like

True, I say its decision time…to orion or not :grimacing:… personally I think you can manage just fine with syncler and real debrid…but I digress :joy:

3 Likes

I don’t understand what info is actually sent to a crypto payee. I wish I understood it better. As far as I can tell, you send BTC to some cryptic looking payee address and there isn’t any of your personal info. That’s why you don’t want to fat finger the payee address. There is no way to trace it and get it back. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I just like to have everything I can to make my viewing experience better hahaha :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: might have to be happy with just the free subscription so far I don’t see what all the advantage is to having Orion but I just got it installed (free version) today

2 Likes

You can buy Syncler with PayPal. There is a markup for using PayPal but that’s the price you pay if you don’t like Bitcoin. I’m in the same boat.
Or use a loadable credit card.

1 Like

I understand quite well, You have 3 cadilacs(2 shields and ugoosUT8) and need to populate them with playboy models :rofl: :joy: :grimacing:

1 Like

I forgot to mention you can purchase Syncler for $15 directly with crypto only, no 3rd party CC middleman that charges 30%+ markup,. Way better deal.

1 Like

Do you go thru a 3rd party with the big markup?