Recording with tivimate iptv

i record on tivimate some do not work can not play back ? can any one help Alvin

Need more info to be able to help.

went i record 2 or 3 at the same time one may work the others will play for about 3-5 min and repeat and start over i have five connections hope this will help

A recording counts as a connection. If you have only a 2-connection sub. Then you are only allowed 2 connections. So, if you are recording and also watching another program. Then those are the 2 connections being allowed. The others will not work.

Find a provider that has two or more connections standard. Should pay $15 monthly or less for that.

i have five connections

i have five connections

Are you trying to record all at the same time? Is your epg accurate.? Where are you storing your recordings? What size files are you trying to record? How much storage do you have in internal and external?

I have that problem a couple of times a week. I think it’s because of the channel itself if it starts to buffer during recording. I record Jeopardy every day and end up recording 2 on separate boxes (Fire TV Cube & Shield) in the morning at the same time but on different providers and also 2 in the afternoon so I always get at least one that’s fine. The one thing I noticed though is that once in awhile I get a full recording but don’t have the ability to fast forward through commercials which I can’t figure out.

Try installing say VLC or MX Pro and set TiViMate to use an external player for playback, and see if those options like FF or RW show. I do know when I play back say VOD in TiViMate, I can click down once in TiViMate to open the controls and pause play ff rw, and then down once more to open more options for the player, once I’ve started the vidz. But haven’t tried yet with recordings. I’ll have to set up my Shield to record to an external 128 GB Samsung EVO attached to my Shield once I get moved. Gotta get a housing for the SSD with say USB 2.5 or 3, then learn how to attach it and what settings I need to use/change on the Shield :shield:, as well as any Dev options. Always something more to learn, love it.

1 Like

Thanks, but already tried that. It happens mostly on the Fire Cube, but also does it on the Shield occasionally. I would think if it was the player it would do it all the time and not just occasionally anyway.

I have five connections. I can tell if my providers cheat me because if I can’t record on all five without buffering he’s cheating on bandwidth. Then I sent a note to him. And they usually correct it

thank you very much Alvin Martin

i have the same thing
thank you very much Alvin Martin

Another tip is to use CUSTOM recording. Not just press record.

1 Like

epg is ok i use a usb 60 gb drive

thank you Alvin

thank you Alvin martin

thank you for your help Alvin martin

When recording on TiviMate with my Nvidia shield the first clue that something did not go right is in the lower left I see the time 00:00/00:00. I back up until the recording is highlighted in blue and do a long press on the center button. I get the option of “Open in external player.” Next I get “Open with IPTV Smarter’s Pro” and I click on “Just once” and the recording will begin to play. I then must watch the entire program without stopping. If I do stop it reverts back to the beginning. I do not have the option of fast forward or reverse. One option I do have is to increase the playback speed to double. (2x) I use this option to move through the commercials twice as fast.