Real Debrid sign up with VPN not working

I’m trying to sign up for real Debrid using VPN and it won’t allow me to get past the payment phase because it states I’m using a VPN, I have Surfshark VPN

Sounds like you will need to turn off your vpn to have the transaction go through. I dont remeber having to turn mine off for setup/payment but probably did.

Once you set it up you can use a vpn to use their service.

1 Like

Switch off your VPN. R.Debrid will not connect with it on. Real Debris cannot verify your location if your VPN is encrypting the signal.

Just for the payment process. A VPN will work with their service. I beleive they encrypt on their end as well but the VPN can be extra peace of mind.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice, but I was trying to follow Troy’s advice about being anonymous when signing up for their service

Did Troy tell you not to turn off your vpn? If RD tells you to turn off the VPN not sure how to get around tjat.

How are you paying?

Been using Real Debrid for more than 5 years with my real gmail email credentials and paying with personal credit card. You have nothing to worry about

3 Likes

Yes, his video says Surfshark VPN should be fine, but it’s not

Are you paying with Cryptocurrency?

TP video says the notice to disable VPN doesn’t apply to him because he is using Crypto.

If you arent then looks like you’ll need to disable the VPN.

Geez just turn off your VPN. I don’t even use one been on KODI for 6 years. Your not going to be able to use a credit card with your VPN on

correct I am also using the crypto method and it is still giving me the message where I have to turn my VPN off

Troy had the message in the video too but was able to process his transaction. Did you follow what he did? Cant really help you from here. I dont use crypto

You might want to try to explain all this in your initial post. It will help you getting the help you need.

1 Like

Most likely it is the Crypto Exchange, Broker or Service that you are trying to pay with Crypto that is blocking you because your VPN is on. Just shut it off.

2 Likes

One thing you might try is to change the location of your VPN location and try again.

I subscribe to TheDiscoverer (a travel website) emails and frequently get a GDPR(?) European Union block even while using PIA VPN US location. If I turn the VPN off it always lets me in but that feels too much like dropping my pants to prove I’m a boy. Lately, I’ve become more of a VPN stickler so if I really want to read the article I’ll just switch my VPN location and see if it lets me in. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t.

Some credit cards are not authorized for overseas use, you can call them to change that or try a different card.

Yes every time I renew my Real Debrid. I half to turn my VPN off. After purchase, I turn it back on. Hope this helps

2 Likes

Thank you

You need to disconnect your vpn just while yo make the payment then reconnect

Thank you

Are you using your credit card? Have you heard of privacy.com? It lets you use virtual credit cards, maybe try that.