Purchasing a new tv

My last Hisense lasted only 4 years before an LED strip gave out.

1 Like

I see that “soap opera effect” once in a while and kind of like it. 3D ish.

1 Like

The Q80. It has 120 hz motion rate too.

My plasma finally died :frowning_face: but I’m hoping to resurrect it. My dad still has his and I’m always impressed when watching sports. If plasma could have been 4K I would have bought one before they were retired.

I can’t stand it. If I go to someone else’s house and see it I’ll play on my phone instead lol. Not going to be rude and tell other people how to adjust their TV if they don’t ask.

Huge bonus is Plasma TV’s have very little reflection for sunlight/glare etc from windows etc on a sunny day. It delivers Full HD, 1080p resolution and with a Nokia Streaming Box 8000, we can’t complain about anything we’ve tried streaming/viewing on it.

OLED panels are more expensive to produce, with individual carbon pixels and no universal backlight. Since the pixels will emit light, colors or go dark individually, the screen contrast is amazingly good and something backlit tv technology can’t even come close to. No washing out of the screen either when looking at an angle. You can get a 55 inch LG OLED for around $900 - $1,000 right now. More expensive for sure but if you have high standards for tv picture quality, they are worth the cost.

2 Likes

I love my Samsungs as well. I have been a faithful user for can’t remember when. Like Miki said I have TV & Sound bar but not phone like my Motorola. I’m a android guy Nvidia shield also every thing works great for me. I have a few of my old Samsung tvs that still worked but wanted the newest version so kept as spare and have given a few to a few less fortunate and they are still watching them. That’s as good a testimony as I need. Like they say to each his own and what ever floats your boat :grin:

2 Likes

Glad to see you back…did you go out and solder the cables together yourself :joy:

3 Likes

Boy I tell you I was ready to. A week with out internet phone and mostly my TV :zipper_mouth_face:. So glad to be back back on the the inter web’s :hugs::clap::heart: missed you all

5 Likes

Remember those big TVtubes Hitachi 32 inch was a luxury :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Marko
Don’t mention 32" CRT TVs to me my back is still suffering from carrying them many moons ago . Also plasma TVs were always far superior to LCDs pity they abandoned them.

1 Like

I recently purchased a 65” Sony Bravia after I did much research. I absolutely love it. I also purchased a sound at & sub woofer as well, Sony as well. I purchased during a cyber sale right before thanksgiving. Best TV I’ve ever owned.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.