Purchasing a new tv

Thinking about purchasing a new tv. I currently use an Android TV box and outside antenna. Can I get recommendations. I’m pretty happy with my current setup. Just looking for a new tv. Do I have to buy a smart tv?

1 Like

You dont have to buy a smart TV, but most are nowadays. I would stick with the mainstream names…Samsung, Sony, LG, etc. There is lots of newer technology out there for TVs, it wouldnt hurt to do a bit of research on that before you make your decision.

2 Likes

i likr samsung i like the pic quatity

3 Likes

OLED if you can afford it.

1 Like

Rumor has it new tech is coming soon…sometime this year?

2 Likes

QLED TVs are still pretty good for the money. Would recommend Full Array backlit if you were going the QLED route.

1 Like

Im in the minority here but I like the roku tv’s for all the free channels, hook your android box to one of the hdmi’s and you have everything. Roku tv’s usually can be had on the cheap as well.

2 Likes

Hold out for the new mini LED quantum dot models from TCL.

True. Caveat: we don’t have an OLED tv yet, but have Samsung tvs. I believe QLED is a Samsung thing…right? Less expensive sure. But a friend has an OLED and it’s pretty impressive with the right input.

2 Likes

OLED (and mini-led) is the best out there right now until micro-LED starts to come out. But man the OLED TVs are expensive. I paid $1000 for my Samsung 65" QLED full array. It isn’t as good as good, but the OLED equivalent was like $3500. I chose the QLED lol.

3 Likes

When buying a new TV take into consideration, your age, hearing loss, vision issues, and mental health. Then choose wisely! If you can’t hear and see as well as you used to. Then all the newfangled tech is kinda wasted, and if your mental health is, shall we say, impaired. Then you won’t care all that much.

Sometimes getting older can save you money! lol
Tech issues

6 Likes

VIZIO OLED 65" Class 4K HDR SmartCast Smart TV OLED65-H1 - Walmart.com

This just popped up in my email lol.

Yea…I remember the good 'ol days when dad brought home a 25 inch TV… :star_struck:…yea boy we were the talk of the block…rumors flew that we were in the money :rofl:…high rollers ya know…and then mom brought home pong and the gaming revolution started…those were the days :rofl: :crazy_face:

1 Like

Oh yeah…I was still poopin’ my diapers when we got our 1st one…I think your phone screen was bigger :face_with_monocle: Here’s a history…pretty cool to remember the models we got over the years.

4 Likes

Hisense Or TCl mini led are very good as are LG oled

Correction: Until micro LED comes out.

1 Like

Yes, oops did I say mini-led? Sorry all, will fix my post. Thanks for the heads up @Jayhawks659, trying to watch tv and not paying attention lol.

Samsung unveils Micro LED TVs at CES 2023 — and we just found out how they’re making more sizes | Tom’s Guide (tomsguide.com)

1 Like

Using an outdoor antenna, then consider a tv with the new ATSC 3.0

1 Like

When I was a teenager, I used to have a micro TV, 8-in screen in my apartment. Rabbit ears are bigger than the tv. But when cable came out and I hook it up that little 8-in screen boy sure was clear.

1 Like