Proton VPN my new go to

@Miki @TXRon Are you still using Proton VPN? I picked up a month subscription (again) to test it out. This thing is packed with security features. The Secure Core, the Onion over VPN, Stealth etc. I’m impressed. I haven’t tried it again streaming wise yet. Are you able to stay connected in Android TV OS for a good amount of time? What are your thoughts streaming wise using it? It’s crazy that I can’t get away from Express for streaming as it’s so reliable and the app layout is so simple my Wife & Grandkids can easily navigate it but never have to as there is never an issue with it. Just trying to get some user opinions on Proton. I use SS a lot on our iOS devices as I really like the rotating ip and never an issue on that platform

Proton has worked flawlessly for me. FireTV or AndroidTV it works. Streaming speeds with their speed up technology are amazing. With ProtonVPN my speeds barely drop at all. My biggest complaint is that you can’t access all those advanced features on AndroidTV GoogleTV or FireTV. Only Android, Windows and linux I believe.

1 Like

Testing the free version now. I have been using the free email.

1 Like

I also have the free email. Couple of years now. Disappointed with the VPN on my streamers though.

1 Like

Using Proton VPN right now watching LIV golf, no issues

1 Like

You won’t have problems with Proton, although, on the free servers, they get full in a hurry and often have issues on popular broadcasts, and the server selection is small compared to the paid VPN. Also I don’t think you can access the “plus” servers in the free app.

2 Likes

SS has sucked lately. Have a great deal of crashing and non working apps on iPhone and IPad

1 Like

Ya I’ve seen a lot of issues across the net. I have yet to see any “official” response though.

1 Like

Been seeing the same thing as of late. I haven’t had an issue on iOS. I keep doing a dns leak test and come up with no leaks

1 Like

I don’t check speeds all that often, certainly not daily, but SS has been working well for me. And if speeds drop, it is not enough to effect streaming. I had some dropsies the first week or two, but none in the last month or two. I have an outlet timer that shuts down the router/combo every night for a half hour at 3am, and SS doesn’t shut down during the outage either (I guess it probably isn’t suppose to). Guessing the new subscribers to SS may be taxing the capacity for some servers.