Projectivy launcher - good for Firestick?

I came across the Projectivy launcher on Techdoctoruk. It looks good - very customisable and able to circumvent the stock launcher, which would be good for a FS user like me. Has anyone tried this? Is it as good as it looks?

1 Like

come’on Miki, take the plunge…someone has to :rofl: :crazy_face: :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like

What really interests me is that new remap technique.

3 Likes

The techdoctoruk tutorial is titled
ProjectIVY Launcher (Android TV / Amazon Devices)
Maybe I will give it a try on a FS

2 Likes

Projectivy Launcher - Apps on Google Play

[APP][ANDROID TV] Projectivy Launcher | XDA Forums
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/app-android-tv-projectivy-launcher.4436549/

:red_circle:AMAZING NEW FIRESTICK / ANDROID TV LAUNCHER - YouTube

2 Likes

needless to say but I will be getting this launcher installed :joy: :crazy_face:…TechDoctor sold me on it :sunglasses:

1 Like

And its installed on my shield, very cool, love the setup here.

1 Like

Now you’ve peaked my interest. It made me realize that my two KM6s still have LeanbackOnFire for a launcher. At the time I set them up, Wolf didn’t work correctly and this was the best I had. It has been fine since, but definitely wouldn’t mind upgrading to something different.

Never had any issues with wolf on my km6. I must say I believe this my new fav launcher. Its easy to set up, very customizable and has a rotating background of your choosing.

Welp, sounds like I have a Thanksgiving weekend project. If my wife asks, I’ll tell her @TXRon made me do it. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

check this out, Ive reduced the cards to 80% but it can go up to 120% if you like.

That’s a nice looking launcher. Are you using Launcher Manager with it?

not needed for this app, it does it another way using accessibility features

1 Like

So would this launcher get around the Amazon stuff? Just thinking out loud, havent tried it yet or looked at the TechDoctorUK stuff.

From what the Doc says, hopefully Miki will give it a go and let us know.

1 Like

Projective will not bypass the home button on the fire tv family. It’s stated that in the Dr. Video.

2 Likes

I liked it so much I donated $10 to help with development and premium if there ever is one.

1 Like

Is it better than wolf launcher ?

better in layout I think and rotating wallpaper(screen) with pre-defined images or those you select. Grouping is nice as well. I am a long time wolf user and its still on most of my boxes but development seems to be dead in its tracks. My ultimate launcher doesnt exist yet :crazy_face:… but as more streamers show up so do new developers and new is good.

2 Likes

I have never really done a deep dive on these custom launchers. One would think that a paid (or free) launcher would exist that would be closer to the “ultimate launcher” Ron mentions. Maybe I should start digging more into it and just see what my options are. Wolf has been great, but the developer is stuck in mud (cement really) as far as any type of continuous improvement/development for this program.

1 Like