Projectivy Launcher for Firestick/Android

Yes you can resize the icons and move them where you want them, just cant change the icon to your own pic or for now add widgets but I hear that being worked on.

1 Like

I stand corrected. My Bad! :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I wonder if you could make shortcuts and have them appear on the home screen. If you can then you can design the app icon the way you want. The drawback is you would basically have 2 icons for every icon that appears on the home page. Also, I donā€™t know if you can remove icons from the home page without uninstalling them.

Been a while since I messed with that application.

You can ā€œhideā€ them, is that what you mean?

2 Likes

I like it because of its simplicity and very well designed. My ultimate hope is for a launcher on the scale of mytvonline3. That is actually a launcher with a player embedded into it and its the best so far ive seen. You would think tivimate could be set up through a laucher home alsoā€¦but that is well above my pay grade :rofl:

1 Like

Ok, then you can make shortcut icon to replace the real ones and then hide the real ones.

1 Like

I would like to see an update for Tivimate that lets you use your own background image instead of just being able to change a few colors.

1 Like

Quick question: A friend of mine is going to install Projectivy on his nVidia Pro and asked me if he needed to install the ā€œLaunch on Bootā€ along with the Projectivy Launcher. I gave him the link to TP tut, but he is a bit confused. I canā€™t remember if I did or not and donā€™t really want to both reinstalling the apps just to find out. Although, I do know I already had the Launcher Manager app installed on my device, but I had that on before I installed Projectivy and have never uninstalled it.

Anyway, does he need to install Launch on Boot, or Launcher Manager along with Projectivy?

1 Like

nope, not needed it will ask for some other permissions during setup.

1 Like

He doesnā€™t even need the Launcher Manager? So all he needs to do is download Projectivy?

Yes sir, no launcher manager needed. It uses the accessibility settings of android to work.

2 Likes

Thanks, I already had the LM installed from before. So I didnā€™t know if he needed that also,

1 Like

That is one of the features of ProjectIvy I like the most. Can turn off stock launcher all by itself, so no LM needed. (I havenā€™t found a way to avoid LOB on the Firestick though, just Android)

3 Likes

as soon as you open the proj settings page you will see over ride current launcher it says to place a check in the box if you cant un-install stock launcher. <<< I would imagine in other words junk they wont let you get rid of :joy:

3 Likes

There is one feature in the Projectivy that I like that I donā€™t think exists in the Wolf is the rotating backgrounds. At least I donā€™t think that option exists in Wolf. Also, the ease of setup is appealing for someone who just wants a simple clutter free launcher without a bunch of configuring to do.

Since helping my buddy with his Projectivy. That my interest back up and may reinstall that one to play around with. I think I might be able to make app icons to appear in place of the stock app icons. If so, I may go ahead and use that over the Wolf because I like the rotating background option.

Basically, Iā€™m bored and need something to occupy my time. LOL

1 Like

yep and another reason im staying with proj on my shield is its active in development, where wolf is not being developed anymore. Maybe thats a good thing cause wolf works great but dont expect anything new. :+1:

2 Likes

I just reinstalled the Projectivy. Do you know how much the premium sub is and if it is worth it.

Edit: I found out it cost $9 bucks, but is it worth it?

1 Like

[APP][ANDROID TV] Projectivy Launcher | XDA Forums (xda-developers.com)

I was scrolling down through this forum where the developer had posted. Thought there may be some good info in there. Iā€™m not sure if premium is worth it. It seems as though you can get most features using free?

1 Like

There are no premium features at this point. So you get everything in the free version.

1 Like

Do you know how to add a category and place apps in it.

Also, do you know how to make a 2nd row in a category?

Update: Finally remembered how I did it before. Memory is not as sharp as it was 20 years ago and apparently not as sharp as it was a few weeks, too!

Ya know the worse thing about getting old is remembering what it was like to be young! LOL