Playlist on tivimate doesn't show up

Why are you adding an individual channel instead of the whole m3u that contains that channel?

Free us works for me also, if you look on the right side of my screenshot, Herogotv is there but not on the left.

I’m confused as hell. What is HEROGOTV and where did you get that from? Is that in the playlists from Troypoint? Is PBS a channel within that playlist? I literally don’t understand what you are trying to add and where it’s coming from.

Yes I understand that,…and us free works for me also,…it’s herogotv and the pbs that I added shows up on the right side screen,…but not the left side.

From powerfader. The pbs is from github

Well that herogotv playlist either doesn’t work anymore or you did it wrong. The playlist loaded but there are no channels in it. Otherwise it would tell you how many channels there are. This one works.

https://www.apsattv.com/herogotv.m3u

PBS is m3u8 and needs to be converted.

https://www.aiseesoft.com/how-to/convert-m3u8-to-m3u.html

Ok, thanks for your help.

1 Like

Where is that PBS channel out of? What city?

It’s Harrisburg Pennsylvania.

Here is something I found, I’ll try it tomorrow.

Here is the link from github for Harrisburg

Screenshot_20211120-213225_Chrome

That’s correct. You have to build an m3u playlist in the correct format. I didn’t read the entire article I linked above. You can use notepad if you know the formatting or you can use a program to do it for you.

You don’t have to stop with just that one channel. You can make a playlist and add all the channels you want. But creating an EPG to match all those channels is another issue.

Your HEROGOTV playlist in your pic doesn’t show any channels. So most likely it was downloaded incorrectly. I just downloaded the url again and all 127 channels were present. If you downloaded it under VOD then you will find your playlist all the way over to the last left panel under “MOVIES”, but I do no recommend installing HEROGOTV with VOD. These are the EXACT same channels/content you will get with using the the regular url installation without checking the VOD box, and it is easier to navigate and have an epg. Try reinstalling the url and don’t check the VOD box.

1 Like

The link for the m3u files is no longer working

I just checked Troys playlist and most channels are working. A few are geo-blocked and also most pbs were running and there are lots of pbs in there.

edit…I am checking https://troypoint.com/m3uus

For geo block use your vpn. So, for example, I have US, UK, and Canadian playlists loaded in TiViMate. Now lets say, while I’m in Mexico, I want to watch the local news in British Columbia Canada but it says geo-block. I’ve just been watching US sports so my ExpressVPN is set to Dallas TX US. I go into my VPN and change the location from Dallas to Toronto Canada. Now I can watch those Geo-blocked channels.

1 Like

Thanks for getting back to me. My issue was actually getting the link to work, not loading the m3u into TiviMate. I got it working. I will load it into the player today, if I have time.

Thanks for the tutorial also.

Yesterday I followed the TP video that showed how to install various m3u lists. I installed the IPTV Smarters pro app from the TP rapid app installer. Things went ok. I used the Global service 1st just as Troy did. When I saw how many different locations and countries there were. I quit. I started from scratch and installed the US service. I looked for the various favorites channels I normally watch. All I saw was a ton of channels or stations with names I never say before. Nothing resembled the basic names and stations I normally use. I couldn’t find the NFL channels in the sports section or my movie channels in my movie channels list. Everything seemed to be under a different name. So I gave up.

Not all playlists are made equal. From different m3u Playlist providers you will get different channels, even for the same country.