Ota, antennas and other cable solutions

UPDATE: Installed in the attic finally! I’m getting 90-100% reception on most of the local channels where with a cheap inside antenna I was getting 50-60%. I’m setting up my Plex DVR system now in addition to that. For those that don’t use Plex, you are definitely missing out. What a great program.

3 Likes

i am in the mtns of wnc chattanooga is closest ot channels i have ota 15 ft up in the are on the hill behind my house and i get 14 channels
in a weather emergency i would go to my ham radio kn4uty there i have the weather channels and things like the hurricane net

1 Like

What is the farthest station u get? In miles.

1 Like

I currently have it pointed to our local new stations in Youngstown, but if I point it towards Cleveland (50+ miles), I can get some channels up there also.

1 Like

i am 60 miles away from chattanooga

1 Like

to give you an idea on 2 meter radio i can talk 125 towards the west but east i am good for less than 30 its all due to line of sight with hills and mtns and whats between you and the transmitter antenna

2 Likes

Had 1 of those, works real well but could not pull in towers located 68 miles away thru the trees. Gave it to my MIL.

2 Likes

Also add a TABLO to your tv antenna and you have an awesome guide EPG and a way to record anything.

2 Likes

I just moved to Kingsport (Tri-city area) Lovin’ it so far. Live out in the country on the side of a hill/mountain.

here i run a walmart 45 dollar antenna up on a 15 ft mast pointed towards chattanooga 65 miles away
i get 22 channels on it i ran the coax to where the old dish wiring was and installed it there so it was wired within the house dish uses a sspilter in their wiring replace this with a new one
i struggled mightly till i did this something about their splitter wouldnt let ota signal thru

2 Likes