Orion Upgrade from free account

I had a free Orion account and decided to upgrade. I paid a whopping $6 fee for the novice 1 year package to see if it is worthwhile.

My question is do I need to change any of my settings in Syncler and Stremio so as to get more links? When I had the free account, I used TP-Dracoos’s suggestion of making 5 link searches per request as you were limited to 100 daily. Now I have 1000 daily. Do I need to update that somehow with Syncler and Stremio, and if so how do you do it?

Just need to update your search settings change from 5 to your choice. If 1000 daily id do 100 or so

I’m trying to dial in the sweet spot for the Syncler/Orion Settings. This is what I’m working from. If you have better results, please let me know. I’m experimenting lol.

2 Likes

Are the search settings in the Orion panel?

When you generate your key on the Orion panel, these drop-down options are there. Once you select your preferences, you hit generate and your API key is generated or updated.

Gotcha. What was giving me doubts was after I would change the parameters and generate the new filters, the next time I would go back to the Orion panel, it would be back to its generic settings. I was expecting the parameters to be the same as what I had changed to.

Also, I didn’t realize you have to “update” the provider packages in Syncler to have it take effect immediately.

I am currently using torrents only. Would it be better to use both torrent and hoster?

When you hit generate, it updates your personal settings to your specific Syncler key. And as you mentioned, you have to “update” the Orion provider package in Syncler for it to take effect. My question above was to try and see if anyone had any experience experimenting with these settings. If torrent and host is better than just torrent, why? Did it give more sources, did it give better sources? Same goes for all of these settings.

Copied from Orion website…

"Orion is an indexer and search engine for torrent, usenet, and hoster links. Orion provides an easy-to-use API which is integrated into a wide range of Kodi addons and mobile apps, allowing you to quickly find links for your favourite movies and TV shows.

Orion is not a debird service, it does not host or distribute any files. Instead, Orion complements debrid services. A streaming addon retrieves links from Orion and then passes it on to a debird service for download. You can also use Orion without a debrid service, by either using a torrent streaming addon like Elementum, using a standalone download manager, or accessing hoster links that can be played directly without a debrid service.

Orion is a community-maintained database with a number of advantages over using local scrapers from your streaming addon. Firstly, scraping is a lot faster, since only a single request has to be made instead of contacting many different websites. Secondly, you have access to links from sites that were taken down or are otherwise blocked by your country or ISP. Thirdly, you have access to links from a number of premium sites that require a separate paid subscription. And lastly, Orion keeps an extensive set of metadata, including the video and audio details, file hashes, and user popularity, which makes picking the best link a lot easier."

Sounds to me like you would get more links with hoster included and it doesn’t use debrid services. Hopefully we can get some more experienced Orion users to comment.

1 Like

I have a post on this already. I hope you enjoy orion.

Orion with rd is my go to

3 Likes

So far I have been pretty impressed with Orion… for such an inexpensive addition. I think you get better priority service with a paid version?

I’m paying a massive $6/yr for my upgrade from free.

Orion is very underrated and very good service.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Is it supposed to have RD written on the links like it does for Torrentio. I’m using Stremio?

I have had a free Orion account for ages but it represents pretty close to 0% of my Stremio usage - usually “error”, “zero links” or “exceeded daily link quota”. I saw the comment above about limiting the number of links to 5 (with a free account) but can’t for the life of me figure out where to do this. Any suggestions where I can find this?

The 100 link limit can be used up on ONE movie alone. The free is not worth the hassle and I really don’t see the benefit in a paid sub.

1 Like

I took my Orion addon off my Stremio. RD and Torrentio is all I need.

Does Orion give Links for items that before didn’t find any from RD?

Stremio and Syncler each have their own settings for Orion. There’s an addon for Stremio which I’m not familiar with but it should give you and option to authemticat and you can use your API key or login info to get set up. As for Syncler I’ve always used Jaked up with Orion and it was works fine. Here’s the express url:

https://syncler-providers.herokuapp.com/syncler/vendor-hybrid.json?orion-api-key=Insert Your API

Many people think Orion is useless but it makes link searches hyper fast. And with torrents you can utilize RD cloud in Syncler.

I have had Orion free integrated into Stremio for a couple of years but took it out last month as it did nothing. As far as how fast Stremio finds sources for anything mine loads 19 sources with corresponding links to choose in under 2 seconds. Not sure I need to pay for something just because it might knock a half second off. I’m fine without Orion, Weyd, or Syncler. Stremio works like a dream without any of them. All I pay for extra is RD and have it active in Torrentio.

1 Like