This is my personal review and information on orion. I have used it for a month now without issues. But I want to be clear on some things first.
This is a premium indexer with pre cached metadata which yields a faster responses than local scrapper meaning decreased time in load times. Here is what was sent to me by orion. This has a free service but it’s limited by 100 links per day that resets after 24 hours. You can pay for a premium package of various types, I paid 15 bucks cad for one year of 5k links per day. What this means is every time Orion makes a search anything identified by Orion is considered a link so it’s strongly encouraged to limit that in your fliter settings which can be done on the website for syncler wako and weyd and by Orion kodi addon for seren and the stremio Orion plugin. I’m not saying you have to purchase anything I will discuss a free setup and a paid setup. You can just use Orion plus real debrid in free version of syncler without plus I have tested this works better than the free scrapper. Without debrid it’s good with the precache but Orion works its best when paired with a debrid service. Please keep this in mind. As many of you have real debrid this is great. There is guides on how to setup the whole thing on orion. I will also post my best fliter settings. Free and paid.
Must install this without provision app only manual installation or the “old” way
Orion panal Addons Packages syncler. Once in here select get started you will see this:
The above picture is what comes up when you select get started that is your filter settings. That’s the best settings make sure to pick those always aside from resolution (cams sd 720 180 4k 8k) or audio change those to how you want it to fliter. Where it says 20 that’s your link limit, change that to adjust to your plan, remember it resets 24 hours, for free users set it to 5. So if your Orion is synced with your real debrid it will gather the best possible links according to your settings, for older shows I recommend sd and up. Also the top part you will see express and kosmos they both pull the same links so it doesn’t matter which one you use, but if you have express select express for kosmos pick kosmos but I did both on kosmos and it did the same thing. So you can use Orion+ rd on free and paid syncler.
Kodi + seren + Orion
You will need the Orion program add on for kodi and you configure your fliter settings in there inculding link limits and such. Whatever you do always have on best (premium) once done with that, you need to install the orion provider package, same way you install a4k, once you have done that remove a4k scrapper otherwise they just conflict. I have gotten 1500 links for a popular show in 5 seconds. It’s super fast, incredibly fast. It works amazingly well with kodi and seren, only works with seren btw. All the install info is on orion.
Similar to setting up torrentio requires a browser on your setup. You go to addons select community addons and install Orion addon. Once installed you select configure and it opens up a fliter list, set your link limit to your specs.
Make sure all your fliters are the same as mine! It’s the best setup. Only thing to adjust would be your preferred resolution method, audio settings and your links limit. It’s extremely important to have no more than 5 for free users.
Take your time with the setup, read everything and be sure to ask questions here if you like. I also understand people with budgets I didn’t post this for everyone to spend money, but it makes a difference to getting content and if you use real debrid I would add this before anything els. It’s not a must tho, I just find it’s fast its accurate and goes hand in hand with RD. It supports others as well. Payment methods are cc or crypto, there is no PayPal. Do not use keyoneclick at all, your absolute best bet is crypto. You can use utop if you want to use cc but as many others have mentioned use with caution or a prepaid method. I strongly suggest crypto it’s easy once it’s setup. Coinbase is best.
This app is a paid app, there is no free option but it works beautifully. This app has a lifetime subscription or 5 bucks for 3 months. It works like syncler but uses Orion as it’s main scraper which is why I decided to shell out my extra crypto. And I’m glad I did. It works beautifully and is absolutely fast. It scraps links super quick and you can set your fliter settings to your linking. If you have android 9 or higher this app works wonderful. I’m very impressed with how it sorts and gathers shows. Now you have to pay to use it but it comes with a 5 day free trail if you have the free orion synced with your rd give it a shot. You can also sink weyd it’s self to the app.
Im going to do these ones later, I need to get my other box setup to fully test. Weyd works well on my phone.
Take everything here with a grain of salt, I want only the best for troypoint users and I feel this is a really good addition to real debrid or a paid service. I paid 15 bucks for a year with crypto.
Budget breakdown cad
Orion is us pricing, this was my cost cad even after conversion. Worth it.
15$ yearly for orion
45$ yearly for rd
60$ total for the year for this setup still less than cable. There is a lifetime subscription buts it’s 199$ us.
I personally recommend with real debrid. Syncler kodi and stremio users will benefit greatly from this. I have had it for a month and been awesome. Now it takes time to setup and it’s still considered a perimum service so please take that into account.
Glad you managed to get it working.
Yes, the advantage is everything you listed. You’ll always be able to use the “local” providers in Syncler or Seren and get links, but Orion has the following advantages:
- We generally have more links than many of the addons/apps out there, since we retrieve links from many more sites/indexers/APIs.
- Orion is a lot faster. Depending on how many links you retrieve from Orion, the request should take 3-5 seconds for a few links (eg: less than 500), and no more than 8-10 seconds for many links (1000+). With “local” scrapers you have to scrape many different websites all at once. Depending on your internet speed and the current load of the servers, “local” scraping might take considerably longer until finished.
- As far as I know, Orion is (currently) not blocked in any country. Many torrent sites are blocked in many countries. That means you’ll be able to get links through Orion from sites that would otherwise be blocked by your country or ISP.
- Most torrent sites use Cloudflare these days. Some Cloudflare protection might be bypassable, but more and more sites use strong Cloudflare protection. This means that these website can only be accessed manually in a browser. Any automated software (aka every scraping addon/app) will be blocked by Cloudflare and you will not be able to retrieve links. This is not an issue with Orion.
- A few torrent sites block the use of VPNs. and Cloudflare typically increases its “protection” if you use a VPN. This is not the case with Orion. We allow the use of VPNs and actually encourage our users to use one.
- Orion has all metadata already extracted and processed. So can can save further time, since the addon/app does not have to do it.
- We keep local copies of .torrent and .nzb files. This means that even if these websites go down in the future, you’ll still be able to use the copy on our server (this is what the daily “container” limit is for). Mast NZB indexers also require a paid subscription. You’ll be able to get these NZBs from Orion without having to get a separate subscription for one of these indexers.
- We have a bunch of extra features in our API. This obviously depends on whether or not the addon/app uses these feature from our API. For instance, we do debrid cache lookups and allow users to resolve debrid links through our API (if they have authenticated a debrid account with us). This allows you to search/stream directly on our website. Some apps, like Stremio, also make use of this feature. You can retrieve links from Orion in Stremio and then immediately stream those links (using the debrid resolve feature in our API). Without it you would not be able to do this directly in Stremio.
Im still testing and playing around with it.