ONN Android TV Box

I have a weird issue with my ONN Android box. I don’t know if anyone has an answer, but maybe someone else has experienced the issue and can lend some sympathy. :slightly_smiling_face: The ONN box is about 3 months old and replaced an older Dynalink box. When I power up the ONN box, within 5 minutes or so it will shut off. To restore power I have to unplug and plug back in. After I do this it works like a champ!

Here’s the weird part. I bought the ONN box because the Dynalink box started doing the same thing. I moved the Dynalink box to another TV and it has worked fine. Can the TV be sending some signal which kills the power to the ONN box?

@MikeJ

No the TV won’t do that.

Sounds like that outlet or plug is the issue. The one used for your devices in that spot.

4 Likes

I have 2 onn sticks and 2 onn boxes. I just use them as needed when something else acts up. kinda of an emergency back up. They are cheap in cost and made :grimacing:… Makes great for a day or two till I get the main box back up. I find they tend to overheat alot. The sticks are worse but the box will also. I have seen mostly sound go out with overheating. Un-plug for an hour an sound comes back… okay nuff rant. Your issue sounds like a wire or connection as already stated. I wouldnt make this your goto box…jus’ sayin,

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.