Onn Android TV Box stopped working after Wolf launch

I have a new Onn. After loading Launcher and Wolf, and then launching Wolf the screen went black. Remote will not bring back the screen apps. I turn on debugger and thought I had turned it off before launching Wolf, although not sure. Cannot use remote to access Factory reset. Is there a fix?

Unplug the onn box, wait a few seconds, the plug back in. Wolf launcher will work fine after powering back on. Mine did the same thing.

Have tried all of that with no results. I do get a message that says boot_delet. What does that mean?

Will Google assistant/microphone get you to any menus/apps?

1 Like

There is a very small Reset/Re-pair remote button on the box right by the HDMI port. Have you tried pushing that?

1 Like

That button is a factory reset on the old Onns, thats a good point i wonder if it will re-pair and give an option if you hold it or something to factory reset.

1 Like

It’s on the new boxes too. I just opened my box and looked to see and it had that button. Might as well give it a try.

2 Likes

Pretty sure a short press is for re-pairing & a long press is for factory reset. Should be on the instruction pamphlet. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I would think that would be welcome news for anyone stuck on a black screen with an unresponsive remote. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

sometimes unplugging the box, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in while holding the power button on remote will get it to re-boot. *note>> simply turning it off is not the same as un-plugging

1 Like

It worked. Pushed the button, 3 seconds, allowed me to go to factory reset. Problem solved. Thanks for tip.

1 Like

I have the same problem. I tried unplugging for 30+ seconds and back on with no luck. I tried plugging back in while holding the power button, nothing. Still have a black screen. Any other suggestions?

Did you try just pushing in the little tiny button right next to your HDMI port? Hold it in for 3 seconds.

I have the same issue, I tried all of the above tips. I still get a black screen. Any other suggestions?
Thx.

Did you try disabling usb debugging?

2 Likes

I fixed it by using voice command to do a factory reset. A big thank you to everyone’s suggestions.
Happy streaming.

2 Likes

That’s a good one and the source of the problem but they can’t get into settings apparently.

I use Ethernet when I set up all the boxes that I set up so I was always able to use Google Assistant to get to settings since some people have reported that they weren’t on Wi-Fi when it happened to them. Or that it signed them out of Wi-Fi for some reason.

Another thing people reported is leaving them unplugged overnight and then plugging it back in the next morning and were able to launch again when 30 minutes didn’t work.

Oddly enough I found the Paramount button worked every time. Perhaps remapping that one would be a good idea.

I get “webpage not available” when I try to go to 250931 in the downloader app. Did you change your code?

Where did you get that code, and which app were you trying to download?

From his Onn TV box review. It is the code that is supposed to take you to the Troypoint Toolbox. It no longer works.