Onn 4k USB connection does not work

I got a Onn 4k streaming box. I followed Troys video to set it up and connect the usb thumb drive. It worked the first time I set it up. Before I could transfer any apps to it, it stopped opening. All it now says is General USB drive not connected. I don’t know what happened.

Did you enable the developer mode? And changed the usb to ethernet or other instead of just charging?

I had a similar issue, i had to replace the OTG cable and used a different USB Ethernet hub

I’m no fan of the ONN but if I remember I think once the USB drive was set up you then had to turn off USB debugging. I found this from Troy:
Founding Member
Aug 2023
like I say in the video, you want to turn off USB debugging as when your device reboots it won’t recognize your USB storage if you don’t.

Thank you: I turned off the usb debugging setting and restarted the Onn box. But still no luck

Use the search, find the video and start from scratch.

Don’t bother. What you need to try attach your org flash drive and connected to onn box then plug it in I was going crazy looked up the guys that always post link with comment that you should search first lol love the help but rather fix on my own but that’s why we ask for help. Turned on developers options current developers options off turn debugging off put a different USB in I did everything nothing worked until I put everything on and then plug it in cuz I had a plugged in and I was pulling stuff off but until I plugged everything in and then put the plug in then it finally worked don’t know why good luck good luck I did voice text so some of this might not have came out right so I do apologize

Thanks for your comments. Lots of good advice and help using the search that’s why we recommend doing so. That way different advice for different methods, and devices, can always be added by our insider members. Glad you got your issue resolved.

Thanks everybody. This time I followed Troys video again. But 1st I restored the Onn box back to factory settings. I formatted the usb drive to fat 32. I followed the video again. This time it worked but when I was formatting the usb drive to internal drive, it said the box would turn off and for me not to turn it on and just let it finish running It has been about 30 minutes and all I am getting is the square Google Tv screen. It doesn’t look like the home screen Is ever going to come on.

Factory reset if the USB debugging isn’t the issue. I did this it worked. This happened once never had another issue with it again and it’s a good practice to save your go to APKs in the cloud or USB so you can reinstall all them at once for instances like this

Thanks to every one for their advice. This Onn 4k box set up was driving me nuts. I decided to give it one last try today. This time I did not turn on usb debugging and I was able to connect the usb drive and move Amazon over to it. So far so good. The part of the video where Troy showed all the programs he uninstalled from the internal apps did not show up on my set up. But I waited until I finished the set up. Then I went back to the internal apps and uninstalled what I didn’t want from there.