ONE CLICK Force Close ALL Background Apps

I couldn’t find it in the Play Store on my Nvidia, but I found 4 versions of Malwarebytes in the Aurora Store. I just now downloaded the Malwarebytes Mobile Security app. Is that the correct one I should try?

I had to use the Set Orientation app for it to display properly, because the app is optimized for phones.

Also, this is the free trial. The sub is $12 bucks a year, but starting April 16th it will be $13.13 a year.

It is asking me to turn on Play Protect, Device encryption, add a device pin, and turn off Developer mode. All of which I am not going to do. It keeps reverting back to the mobile display and I have to go back into the Set Orientation app to correct it. This issues has happened at least 4 times since I have opened the app. Not a biggie, just annoying.

It’s taking forever to run my 1st scan. I am at 50% scan completion at the moment. Scan completed, 37 files and 181 apps, all good.

On my Max I have Malwarebytes Version 3.10.3.96.
3.13.0.73 on my phone.

I have v 3.13.0.73 on my Nvidia

Could you provide a link for the v 3.10.3.96

Could you provide a link for the app you use on your Nvidia, or tell what version you are using. I have this version on my Nvidia at the moment: 3.13.0.73

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/malwarebytes/malwarebytes-anti-malware/malwarebytes-anti-malware-3-10-3-96-release/&ved=2ahUKEwj9u7nW_OP9AhXJlGoFHQW0BrcQFnoECBgQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1gWSMWWIiB_sM44qX4IGtE

1 Like

I forgot on my shield I had to take it off because it didn’t play well with the Viper security I have on it. The version I have on my phone is 3.13.0.73 now on my phone I have both and they work well together.

1 Like

Yeah you are right I looked in my playstore on the shield and it isn’t there either

I may be the contrarian here and say,“screw it”. I’ll continue “surfing” without “protection”…worked in college as far as I know lol. Can always reset to factory if I don’t get a freeze screen ransomware. In which case I’ll use the sledgehammer lol. Nobody keeps personal or financial info in these boxs anyway…do they?

Well, now that Google has gotten their grubby claws into it. I would say yes, people may have access to private info via Google Pay…not sure.

They have it on APKPure just looked same version I am using

2 Likes

That’s probably why it wouldn’t work on my shield I have play protection off and developer options on and also not turning off

I just uninstalled it because the mobile version was a PITA using it on my Shield. I had to repeatedly go back into my Set Orientation app to correct the display and I needed to use the Mouse Toggle for being able tom navigate the app. It would scroll sometimes and sometimes it wouldn’t. I figure that is because this mobile version is not optimized for Android TV.

The app seemed to work like it should and I do like the features it has, but I’m getting cranky in my old age and don’t have as much patience as I used to a year or two ago. lol

Although, I will check the APKPure site and see what it has. :nerd_face:

1 Like

I use it on my FireTV but I have a mini keyboard attached to my max and it serves me way better than mouse toggle. Once I retire the Max I’ll plug the keyboard dongle into the shield. Sorry I forgot to mention it works better with a KB.

1 Like

Did I hear this correctly? The word “retire” was in there someplace?

I just downloaded it to my laptop and it worked great. I may take a 2nd look at it.I still have 29 days of a free trial period to go.

1 Like

Hell ya. With the amazing kidness of some I have a golden opportunity to commence a new adventure with a Shield Pro. Might have to add a droid swimming with my fish in my avitar. lol.

2 Likes

Yep…maybe they were always there…not sure…but now, I’ve noticed a circle with my initial in it right next to my Settings gear on my Mecool home page…click on it & it’s all Google-ized account crap…not happy with that at all, but don’t know how to get rid of it. But, at least all my Activity tracking related to google is turned OFF…so it seems anyway :crossed_fingers: :thinking:

1 Like

You can switch accounts. I did use a Nvidia account, but I don’t know where it is at the moment. You can also remove or add accounts.

Roger that…but it says I won’t be able to install new apps or update existing…does that mean I just can’t buy/rent apps on my box via google pay…or does it mean no more playstore?

1 Like