NordVPN Unbiased Review

Here is my unbiased review of NordVPN.

3 Likes

I appreciate the review!

Nord has been my goto after some private stuff went under.

Unfortunately the biggest issue is there price, arguably you get what you pay for and it is impressive so i understand why you see ipvanish better, you pay less abd get almost on pair performance.

My personal opinion is nord is better, but thats if you want to pay for it. If you want a deal with top rated features ipvanish is the way to go. Thank you for this review. Im sure it will help others. Im still using my free one (gifted)

I have made a topic discussing vpns if anyone wants a deep dive. But please read these reviews they are top notch.

3 Likes

I must disagree with your statement that IPVanish is much less expensive than Nord VPV. IPVanish is publishing a 1 year price of $44.99 but only for 1 year. Nord is $95.76 but for a full 2 year guaranteed price. Less than a $6 difference and you do not know what the price for IPVanish will actually be the second year.
I dropped IPVanish because of too many problems which they were not able to solve. Nord has been working perfectly and extremely fast (in comparison to IPVanish)

4 Likes

@rich5544

Thats fine, you can disagree… but nord is by far more expensive. There is always deals going on that may at that time be less then lets say ipvanish or something, but once that locked deal ends or that promotion you pay more.

For me its 115 bucks a year. It used to be 80 for 3 years now its 90+ for 2… they took a year away and upped the price. But again depends where you are and if you got a deal at the time. Everyone vpn has these flash deals, but you need to watch for what prices are when they end, thats when you see a difference.

3 Likes

I have been using NordVPN for about 4 years and find it to be

very fast even with a lower 30/30 Mb. I don’t have any buffering

with real-debrid. The cost to me is $75.00 for 2 yrs.

The reason I like Nord, is that they are not under the jurisdiction

of 14 eyes as IP Vanish is. Even with both having a no logs policy

You never know what our Gov’t will do.

2 Likes

I heard that Nord and SurfShark merged. Wonder how that will affect SurfShark pricing?

1 Like

Just cancel or edit your cc info for auto renewal, or use a pre-paid cc.

I ain’t givin’ up nuttin to any of these guys. If the deal is $3.75 a month for the 1st year. Then that is all they will get and I will sign up again with a new account.

3 Likes

I’m paid up with Surfshark through 2025…every time they run a good deal with free months etc…I grab it. By 2025 most likely vpn’s will be gone :rofl:

2 Likes

Since I got it, couple years ago, I grabbed all the specials as they come along. So I’m all set with NordVPN till the end of 2026, and I’ll grab more as they come by.
In my opinion, it’s an AWESOME VPN. I can’t say which is best, since I haven’t tried others. But works well for me!

3 Likes

In regards to Troypoint’s point of not good enough user interface, that’s ok with me, since more bells & whistles, the fatter the app, more of your FireStick precious memory gone!
Otherwise, good review!

2 Likes

@Skoutariotis

Im not saying its not good. Lol, its by fair the most expensive is my point. I dont auto renewal every year and i always do the math. I switch vpns alot based on the deals of the time and what i get if i renew.

@Powerfader

I never set to auto renew. I always fight for a better price.

5 Likes

used nordvpn for 3 years, 60 bux a year, worked great. only switched to protonvpn, to try something else…

3 Likes

TP-Dracoo
I am not sure where you got your numbers from but mine are from the websites of IPVanish and Nord. Please check and you will find the numbers are correct. Nord is only a few dollars more. Nord is more reliable in my experience and faster and far fewer problems. In my opinion.

4 Likes

[

[TP-Dracoo](TROYPOINT Insider - TROYPOINT Insider community
I don’t know how you could possibly be paying $115 a year for Nord. You need to spend more time shopping.

@rich5544

Lol, once again i know what im doing, im not paying for nord at all, last year in dec during the xmas sail it came to 115 canadian.

I really dont need someone telling me to shop around. There is also tax when using paypal btw. Im not concerned in anyway. I have a vpn now it its fine.

Comes to 95.76 and after paypal fees around 115.

2 Likes

Nord and SurfShark just merged, I believe?

yea ive heard that however they have had ties from the get go. I believe Nord was a part of surf sharks start up. A lot of the same peeps then they remained seperate although really not :eyes:

1 Like

Maybe I misread. I thought you said Nord was expensive because you paid $115 for a year.

Not sure what you are paying for Nord, but the price is highly negotiable. I’ve tried most, including IP Vanish and none of them, other than Nord, got through the geofence that most of the TV channels in the UK use. After negotiating, my deal was three years for $80
The cheapest I have seen for a three year deal with Nord is $65 but this was for a long time customer of theirs.

2 Likes

I was a 5 year customer of IPVanish and mine came up for renewal, they refused to even attempt to keep me as a customer. I cancelled my sub and they never even contacted me as to why and they certainly didn’t even care.

1 Like