**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - October 12th, 2022

After update I went to google play to run any updates. I am now told I need to un-install stuff because im out of memory…deja vu all over again. I have over 100 g’s availiable storage.

1 Like

Only oddity I noticed so far is the Buzz 5 app having difficulty connecting to the IPTV servers.

Tivimate connects within seconds. Go figure.

1 Like

Lets just face it, buzz is a farm team, not ready for prime time streamers :eyes: :rofl:

1 Like

All too familiar, Great engine,terrible chassis! You want to love the Buzz for the specs alone but their Software! Yikes!

1 Like

You can go to this site and download the three files to an SD card

1.79 GB folder on MEGA.

Install the SD card in your box make sure the hdmi cord is plugged in have the power unplugged use a toothpick or similar item to push the reset button down in the AV hole plug in the power hold the reset button down for 15 seconds

1 Like

The recommendation you’ve posted is for those X5s with FW v20220624. It was released by Buzz at the same time as FW v20220919. Those with 0624 could no longer receive OTA updates. The Micro SD card updates to 811, then OTA to 919. The Oct 12 release is an OTA for 919 to 1011.

Also, the sd card procedure requires a hard reset, erasing all previous apps and information.

Buzz has not been forthcoming with this information which has led to some confusion.

Please see this post Firmware update for Buzz x5 dated Sept 23.

I bought mine when they first came out. I sent it back after 2 days, the update wiped out the WIFI connection. Glad I sent it back…

1 Like

Update to my above post:

Buzz cs finally got back to me about 10 minutes ago. They wanted to know if I still wanted the sd card with files pre-installed and I said yes so I think they’re going to send it to me. Now whether I use it or not I just don’t know :person_shrugging: This will take me another five months to put everything back the way it is now. I don’t use their iptv app because I like Tivimate better, I don’t use their homescreen so I don’t know what I would gain by updating but I sure love it just the way it is. :woozy_face:

Based on the comments posted here, I think I will pass on this update on my XRS4500 for now. This update should be OTA/internet. The last one I did required a code, which I got from BuzzTV and it installed quickly without any issues.

3 Likes

I think you and Bill are right pass on the update, if it’s running good don’t mess it up.

2 Likes

I ended up getting rid of mine due to their lack of helping stabilize a great device. I have the Formuler Z10 Pro Max in its place and like it a lot. It’s quite sad they can’t get their stuff together for consumers. I liked the X5

5 Likes

my bad. 20 characters

1 Like

Trying again. Want to thank you for the recommendation in the Patreon only thread “Service I’ve been using for over a year”. Tried for a month and will do 2 connections for 3 months on expiration. Watched an entire CFB Saturday with no buffering. Da Bomb.

In other news, the 1011 update seems to have broken the recording function of Buzz 5. Going to submit a ticket to their support, as their forum is useless. Will update when I get a response.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! Good luck with getting help with X5. I gave up. More headache than what it’s worth. Already have 2 updates to my Formuler and went through with no issues at all

5 Likes

It doesn’t always work either.

The formuler is one of the boxes I tested and sent back that I wish I kept. Very nice setup and UI. :+1:

2 Likes

I did the same thing :sweat_smile: with the formuler and I would trade my x5 now in a heartbeat for one.

2 Likes

Don’t trust me here but I “think” you would be safe because the 4500 is android 9 and buzz knows nothing about android 10 and up…couldnt afford training I guess :roll_eyes:

2nd thought they could prob mess up 9 too :crazy_face:

…nevermind

Both my Ugoos and BuzzTV boxes are android 9. I am not buying any later versions of android boxes as these are running my streaming apps just fine.

4 Likes

True, most of the best good streamers are android 9. Many will not move from it because of reliability.

2 Likes