**NEW** Official X5 Firmware + Buzz 5 App Update - October 12th, 2022

Trying again. Want to thank you for the recommendation in the Patreon only thread “Service I’ve been using for over a year”. Tried for a month and will do 2 connections for 3 months on expiration. Watched an entire CFB Saturday with no buffering. Da Bomb.

In other news, the 1011 update seems to have broken the recording function of Buzz 5. Going to submit a ticket to their support, as their forum is useless. Will update when I get a response.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! Good luck with getting help with X5. I gave up. More headache than what it’s worth. Already have 2 updates to my Formuler and went through with no issues at all

5 Likes

It doesn’t always work either.

The formuler is one of the boxes I tested and sent back that I wish I kept. Very nice setup and UI. :+1:

2 Likes

I did the same thing :sweat_smile: with the formuler and I would trade my x5 now in a heartbeat for one.

2 Likes

Don’t trust me here but I “think” you would be safe because the 4500 is android 9 and buzz knows nothing about android 10 and up…couldnt afford training I guess :roll_eyes:

2nd thought they could prob mess up 9 too :crazy_face:

…nevermind

Both my Ugoos and BuzzTV boxes are android 9. I am not buying any later versions of android boxes as these are running my streaming apps just fine.

4 Likes

True, most of the best good streamers are android 9. Many will not move from it because of reliability.

2 Likes

People get hung up on having the latest version of Android yet they won’t notice anything better than previous releases.

6 Likes

I recall a comment or post here on Troypoint to the effect that as long as you are only using your device primarily for streaming, you don’t need the latest android version. I have an android 8.1 box I use as a spare and it works just fine with all my apps

3 Likes

I had to contact support via the STB forum, but they sent me a link for the files referenced (I was on 0624 on my X5128). Once the update installed, it seemingly has corrected an issue I had with wifi randomly disconnecting and not reconnecting. I had to cycle the wifi on/off multiple times before it would reconnect. Plus, my wifi is now indicating (via analiti) a speed >30mb over anything it had prior to the update.
Hopefully the devices that were not getting OTA updates will not have this happen again, reinstalling apps is a PAIN.

2 Likes

The recording issue goes back further than latest update. When i got my x5 July 5th, i could record but not change the channel being recorded. Was told by techs that the next update would fix that issue. It didn’t, not only that the picture was constantly jittery & often froze solid for seconds at a time.

Fast forward to Sept., after about 6 weeks back & forth with tech support (props to them, they didn’t abandon me) they sent me the 0919 beta, before final release. Didn’t help, now couldn’t record period. Would set a recording only to come back to see ‘no recording found’ with 0 length (but had icon for program) Tech support sent me to the Mississauga office to see if they could fix it. Tech flashed firmware back to 0811 - old box still froze & didn’t record. Was given a new box. Everything was fine - could record but still had jittery picture & the occasional freeze. About a week prior to 1011 ‘update’, i lost recording option completely, just out of the blue.

I waited about 10 days before installing 1011 ‘update’ - still have no recording option & other issues. One of the main reasons i bought the box was for the ability to Pause/RW/FF Live TV. Can still do that but the picture is unwatchable, so i had to search for an app that allowed that. Have TiviMate - you can pause but when you restart, it will play maybe a minute from where you paused then jump to the present time. Luckily, i found a great app that does a great job at those functions so i’m going to buy the Lifetime licence on Thursday after trying it for a month.

I love the x5 box for the apps it can run & that it can play 4k smoothly (had issues with the Shield Pro playing 4k - maybe it was the HDMI cable that was the issue) It’s a powerful unit but the native player SUCKS big time. Glad i got it for 20% off on Canada Day weekend - takes a little of the sting out of all the troubles i’ve had to endure.

Sorry for the long rant but had to get it off my chest!

4 Likes

I know this was directed at @Steve_Vee but I had to chime in real quick. The last update rendered my x5 useless by ruining storage (again)… this is why im always more than happy to try new updates because ive nothing to lose with this box anymore… it just sits in the corner waiting on the next update and then back to the corner. And imho Tech support is great when that support works :crazy_face:… ok i’m done :sunglasses:

1 Like

taptap

I believe this is the curse of the BuzzTV X5. Mine shipped May 31, and has never performed as advertised. TXRon said it best:

Lets just face it, buzz is a farm team, not ready for prime time streamers.

2 Likes

Anybody else who did the latest 1011 ‘update’ - when you turn the box ‘off’ does the blue light stays on ALL the time. No more red light unless you do a reboot! What’s with that??!

The box doesn’t get hot - just checked it now - not ‘on’ & it’s cool to the touch so at least it isn’t going to start a fire or burn the components.

I’d phone the Canadian office but they’ve heard from me so much since i got this monstrosity - i’m afraid they have my number in their ‘avoid this person at ALL costs’ The guy’s always blaming my provider for things - nice guy but light bulb is blown! :crazy_face:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.