New Fire TV Debloater Toolbox Now In TROYPOINT App

Well Troy, You certainly would sell many android boxes if you decided to do that. You are fantastic and have taught all of us so much.

i

4 Likes

I definitely agree that the average Joe has a hard time understanding some of this as I was one of them until I found @TROYPOINT Site and the Insider. It took me some time to get to where I am now, but it was the time spent here with all these great knowledgeable folks that helped me understand and get to where I want to be in this hobby. I keep learning more and more here and am able to do things I never thought I could do with boxes and I thank everyone here for that. Now itā€™s just fun and I canā€™t get enough

4 Likes

Love to have a list of the system apps that can be disabled in fireTV. Am using my network SMB location so do not want that disabled. Have no clue about other fireTV system apps that can be disabled.

Just a warning. I went ahead and played with this without any guidance and it killed my hdmi inputs from working. I went ahead and selected all services to stop. I had already updated firmware on my Pioneer FireTV so it couldnā€™t help me with stopping updates but just a head ups. Once I turned services back on the hdmi inputs worked again. I thought I bricked my Mecool KM2 Plus. LOL.

Our toolbox doesnt do that. Got to becareful with the debloater

It happened. Once services were restored it was fine. Do you have a FireTV???

I have a firestick and used the debloat app to clear up space and shut down services i didnt need. But stopped using it as there was no need for me anymore.

1 Like

Well im telling you what happened on my FireTV. I to have firestick. Once services were restored all 3 hdmi inputs starting working again. Iā€™ll send techdocuk a message and see what he says.

Cheers

2 Likes

That would be the best you can do. I havenā€™t been able to do that with my firestick. So im not sure what you did. Thanks for the warning tho.

2 Likes

Very regrettably Troy, you are probably correct

1. You will also have to send out constant surveys "How are we doing scale ā€œ1-5ā€
  2. Please send me another stick my ā€œin-lawā€™s dog ate it.ā€
  3. Why isnā€™t my stick runningā€¦pick the appā€¦
1 Like

Itā€™s why we have the guides. Sorta to help teach your self.

1 Like

I volunteer 2 !!!

Summary

This text will be hidden