New Fire TV Debloater Toolbox Now In TROYPOINT App

https://troypoint.com/rapid-app-installer/

Please read up on the rapid app. Its not longer in use.

1 Like

How can I get the Debloater??

1 Like

techdoctoruk.com is where it comes from.
Have fun and STREAM ON!

3 Likes

When I click on the Download button for this tool I keep getting a “Parse Error - There was a problem parsing the package.” I then Click the OK button which takes me to the Status screen. I proceed to Click the Install button and get the same error as when I clicked the Download button. After clicking the OK button, it then takes me back to the Status screen, where the Install button displays again. I’ve cleared my Cache several times for all installed apps, but get the same issue.

1 Like

Try rebooting your device and try again.

2 Likes

I Rebooted my Firestick as suggested, but received the same error. Maybe my FireStick is too old for this tool?
BTW, I had no problems installing the VPN Monitor Dot tool today.

Do you already have the APK? If so it may be corrupt. Delete the APK and try again.

Not sure what you are referring to when you say APK. The Install instructions didn’t mention an APK.

When you click to download an app you aren’t downloading the app. Similar to windows exe you are downloading the “installer” , Android Package Kit, which is the “installer”, So if you successfully downloaded the APK and get stuck with a parser error in the next step(install) then chances are you have a corrupt APK. So untill you delete that then a new APK will not overwrite the corrupt one and install, and you will continue to get the parser error.

1 Like

2 Likes

I used to use the debloat tool until Amazon decided to block everything. Troy mentions that lots of people were asking him to put the installer in the Toolbox…why? What does that app actually do now with all their garbage locked down?

3 Likes

It does a lot. Like block the useless Screensaver and a fair bit of other bloatware. With the Firestick every bit helps. Like the speedup tool that allows you to disable animations, thus freeing up CPU cycles for other things.

That’s great to know. I was always under the assumption that this software was rendered useless. I still have it on my Max I just haven’t opened it since. Maybe i’ll take another look at her.

1 Like

lol. I thought so too. I updated it even, but didn’t notice anything new.

There are no files in the Downloader tool folder to delete. Yet, I continue to receive the “Parse Error” when I hit the Download button.

So you opened downloader app, and on the left clicked “Files”? That’s where the apk will be if you downloaded it with Downloader. If another app then try a file manager to look for it, like ES File Explorer. Then if no luck clear the cache and Data for Downloader and try again.

Yes, I opened the Downloader app and clicked on “Files” to ensure there weren’t any files in the folder. There weren’t any. I cleared the Cache on all the apps that I have on my Firestick, which aren’t many. I then Cleared the Cache and Data in the Downloader app. I currently have 2.53GB of Internal space on my Firestick. But, this didn’t clear up the problem either. Must not work on the older version of the Firesticks.

1 Like

What Firestick do you have? It has to be FireTV 7+ I believe the instructions say.

1 Like

Hello @AMD237 good point.

Yes, Amazon did block the ability for us to block auto-updates but you can still disable all of the crappy system apps that they have on there.

1 Like