New Fire TV Cube & Firestick Remote Announced by Amazon

I would be more interested in they increased RAM and storage. For me not having a wifi 6 router does not help, loading apps 20% faster not really a big deal as speed is not an issue, having more RAM is. And yes I know that both the speed and overall performance of your machine are determined by both the CPU and the RAM.From my usage i do not think the cube 2nd gen works fine. And no infrared extender. So for me not going to rush out and get one. But then did not rush out to get M1, sure its faster but with my 2017 mac air replaced ssd to 512 bought a new battery both things i can not do with the M1 macs o perhaps i am a Luddite! Perhaps a new shield??

Specs are ok. Hereā€™s the question? Can you change the launch screen or will you be stuck.with the crappy fire tv home screen ? With developer options being chipped away will you be able to side load apps a year from now ?
:pirate_flag::pirate_flag::pirate_flag:

1 Like

From my discussions with Amazon they canā€™t and wonā€™t simply remove the option for outside or 3rd party developers to use the Amazon FireTV OS. They have made it so it is no longer automatically active and must be enabled by users. Now I donā€™t change my launch screen so I canā€™t personally address that but from many others Iā€™ve heard they can once again use the wolf launcher.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.