My new toy...get ready for me being annoying

Arriving Saturday.

1 Like

Nice, should be fine. Only thing I would have changed is the ram. DDR4 is faster, but the ddr3 should be ok.

1 Like

Yeah, I looked at that .
But to my price-point limitations, the chipset seems to be a better choice than an Allwinner H616 or 618 and a little less performance difference shouldnā€™t bother me too much.

3 Likes

Or instead, try to read up on guidesā€¦ these things all operate pretty much the same way. Download install apps and playā€¦

2 Likes

for that price it should at least have a usb 3.0 port? usb 2.0 ports are way slower and usb 3.0 drives donā€™t like them,they work but poorly

1 Like

Yeah, a 3.0 port would be nicer, but after some consideration I decided that at $50 getting an Amlogic processor with 64GB ROM was worth it more to me to settle for less ROM & less performance out of a USB port. Iā€™m not a gamer at all so that port would be used on the occasions where we have a power and /or internet outage to play content on a USB stick.

When Iā€™ve done that with my (former) FS 4K or one of our ONN boxes, itā€™s worked out well. I figure itā€™ll work well enough with this box.

50us for this box or 40 us for a box with 128gb storage? iā€™m going for the storage to record on tivimate
thx for the link

1 Like

Well Comtech, I donā€™t anticipate needing anywhere near 96GB (64 + 32 sd card) anywayā€¦I just need room for sports that I wanna watch but have to miss live. And I got the minikeyboard as part of the price.

1 Like

Just got mine earlier today and started to use it.
Thereā€™s going to be a learning curve for me negotiating the UI. So far Iā€™ve found that using a USB keyboard is a must, so Iā€™m glad that I did get the minikeyboard.

Early impressions:
The video is stunning both streaming a basketball game & streaming a show via Kodi. Also, itā€™s nice to be able to select a rather larger file to stream.

I installed and am using Kodi 20, IPV and IPTVSmarters with no issues from the Playstore.
I did try getting Kodi via TP toolbox, but it arrived as a zipped file & I couldnā€™t figure out how to unpack it.

NOW, for the issue that I havenā€™t figured out:
I installed Tivimate with no problem both from the playstore & from the toolbox.
BUT, after entering the sign-in details, the appā€™s ā€˜doneā€™ button never activated. I tried both xstream & m3u methods, but no joy.
Is there something that needs to be done on stock Android that Iā€™m missing?
(I had no problem with Smarters.)

Forgot to note: Itā€™s been running continuously for about 5 hours. Itā€™s not even warm. But I did set it on its edge instead of laying it flat.

Hey Eā€¦

Try using the Enter buttn on keybrd after each entry to move tivimate cursor
(I hv to turn off pointer when using my airmouse)
Seems like it needs a hard clik, not a pointer clik
(might work)

& what about og remote?

hthā€¦

2 Likes

Iā€™ll try again tomorrowā€¦right now weā€™re taking a bathroom break watching a show.

1 Like

I managed to install playlists on the Tivimate this morningā€¦
Turns out that I needed the remote to get to select ā€œdoneā€ after entering the m3u or xstream data.
(Dumb on my part)

Next two irritations:
-Apparently the version of the ESPN app that includes ESPN+ isnā€™t compatible with this device.
-Google Playstore wonā€™t allow installations of apps this morning. Iā€™m getting an ā€˜another app is drawing on the screenā€™ error. Iā€™ve tried force closing Aptoide & the other ā€˜play storeā€™ that comes preinstalled on the device.

espn+ is bundled on most subs I have with no issues. Try and get what you want thru the sub rather than apps for ease of use. imho

1 Like

hey Elā€¦

Yor probly gonna hv to update or reinstall the pre-installed apps, theyr probly old vers & then get stuff thru chrome & apkpure (then use yor devices app installer)

Ive got espn on my 905 from pure & it worx fine (may need your mouse to scroll tho)

But pure is a place to get the stuff that Troy or Unlinked duznt have

& on the last 1, chek yor app permissions:

Settings >
Apps >
Special app acces >
Display over apps >

there youll see whats on/off

hthā€¦

1 Like

What does ā€œallow display over other appsā€ actually mean? I notice all the Google apps (and system apps) are ā€œonā€, but apps like Film Plus and my IPTV service are not ā€œonā€. Should I be turning these on?

generally if an app requires that it will pop up and ask for permission.

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦ Only needs to be On if the app shares the screen with other apps like PIP or graphics

1 Like

Thanks Ron and Sketch. Now that I have your ā€œattentionā€, where is the best source to get the free Tivimate? And where do I get the m3u information for my IPTV service to try and enter it into Tivimate? (should probably check the intro info from them ā€“ tucked away in a folder ā€“ to see if itā€™s there) I think Iā€™ll go with the paid premium Tivimate service, but I want to try it and see if itā€™s more stable than the IPTV serviceā€™s platform.

Free version has only a couple of bells & whistlesā€¦99% of the people here with Tivimate will tell you to just jump into the deep end of the pool & pay the lifetime costā€¦YOU WILL LOVE IT! :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Iā€™ll do that. Where should I get it?