My new Nvidia shield TV pro

I will be receiving my Nvidia shield TV pro soon. I would like to know how best to optimize it for streaming with Troy point apps and Kodi. Thank you in advance

4 Likes

@Swordfire

Follow the troypoint android apps, clean up the device weekly, as in clear cache on apps, run sdmaid or similar cleaner software. Run only what you need. You can easily get everything with like 3 apps.

2 Likes

Video upscaling AI-Enhanced on
Detail enhancement high
GeForce Upscaling on
Advanced Display Settings to find the best resolution setting to match your TV by going to custom display mode.
Match content color space on.
Dolby Vision on if your TV supports it.
HDMI-CEC on.
Power control CEC on
Volume control CEC on
Advanced sound settings: stereo upmix on if you have surround sound.
Advanced sound settings: available formats manual selection if you have surround sound.
System: processor mode: max performance
Fan mode: cool
USB ports: always on
Keyboard: Gboard
Developer options you can turn on if you want. Tons of options in there.
Then follow this: Turn off play protect

Then this Kodi First Run Guide

Then this Speed Up Kodi: The Crew Settings

13 Likes

That pretty much covers everything the only thing I see that is missing that is very important is ip vanish or other VPN have fun with it great box I have 2 of them and love them

1 Like

The Nvidia Shield TV Pro is a great device and many recommend it. The one downside that makes me reluctant to purchase one is that it’s well overdue an upgrade. Hopefully a new model will be released before too long.

If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it. 2019 wasn’t that long ago.

6 Likes

Hi, how often do they send updates?

1 Like

Agree, Nvidea may be on to something.
All future android versions are more and more “locked down” allowing less modding and giving control to google.

2 Likes

Three years maybe not too long, but some others are putting devices out with improved tech. Just my thoughts that Nvidia might not want to wait too long or they might just get caught out.

1 Like

Or… Everyone else is just catching up

1 Like

I want to configure it to reach high octane speed machine, blazing fast with plenty of RAM and storage

2 Likes

But seriously though, I can stream anything in 4K with TrueHD surround sound with absolutely no buffering. I don’t really need all the other bells and whistles if it does the basics of what I need it to do reliably.

3 Likes

You’ll be fine with the settings I posted above. Plenty of RAM. Plug in a USB drive for external storage and call it a day.

3 Likes

Thank you very much, really appreciate it. Will follow your guidelines!

2 Likes

Can’t say yer wrong there :wink: but you always want to stay one step ahead of the competition. So I’d hazard a guess that before too long we might see a new Nvidia released that will keep them ahead for the foreseeable.

WoW! I love to see Settings Lists like this. Simple with a few comments why the choice is recommended. Over the years I have tried to gather Settings info for Kodi and most findings get very complicated. Troypoint Videos do explain WHY in many instances. Thanks Again.

4 Likes

I’d suggest you look at Apollo versus Kodi. I think the interface is much simpler and the library is significant. Been using it successfully for two years now. It does take a while to understand how to best use it, but I think the learning curve is much shorter than with Kodi. It’s not perfect, but it’s darn good and very cost effective. One more thing: You do not need iP Vanish with Apollo.

Yes you do, you need a vpn for it. Any app that gets content that is not properly obtained will need a vpn. The only exception is possibly syncler with Real-Debrid only for the https encryption. Even then id use a vpn. Not to get off topic. Kodi isnt to hard to use like with apollo it takes a bit of time.

1 Like

I’d suggest it’s better using a VPN no matter what streaming app you are using.

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the information