Best Settings - Nvidia Shield Pro, Kodi, LG OLED

Hello,

I watch a combination of HD, 4K HDR, DV movies and tv. Also watch lot of sports on ESPN, TNT, NBA apps. Using Real Debrid and watching all movies and tv series in Seren and Crew. Trying to get some help on optimal settings.

LG OLED CX
Nvidia Shield Pro
Kodi Nexus (kodinerds maven to allow Dolby Vision playback)

Should I have both Nvidia Shield Pro and Kodi set to 59.940 Hz?

On Kodi:
should adjust display refresh rate be on?
Sync playback to display on?

Enable HQ scaler 20% and above?
Hardware acceleration all on?

Any other definitive answers on how to adjust settings for playback, frame rate etc for picture perfect viewing when watching a variety of different sources and files? Thanks!

1 Like

I have Nvidia shield pro and Kodi best overall addon is the crew and if you don’t mind mind spending a little weyd or syncler+ is the best apps for real debrid and HDR UHD DV atmos and all those highest quality resolution and sound settings

Tutorial for weyd app

And for syncler if you don’t know how to configure it if you never used it before or couldn’t get it configured correctly before I’ll pm you the instructions

1 Like

Feel like I’ve answered this a thousand times. The search function is your friend.

2 Likes

[Kodi First Run Guide ] link does not work

If that’s the ones on you tube, they took them down for violating their terms of service.

1 Like

@anon55492669

So is syncler+ another app to replace Kodi? I pay a monthly and connect it with my real debrid and good to go and watch stuff? Do I put separate addons inside of syncler+?
Is the advantage of syncler+ that is a nice interface that makes everything pretty and smooth?

Thanks!

Click on the link he provided and read up. Also you can use the search and look for syncler+ topics. There’s a ton of them.

I did click on the links provided before responding and have searched but still is NOT very clear on the pros of syncler+.
If I already receive enough high quality links for 4K using Real Debrid and Crew or Seren, I was wondering whether the syncler UI was super smooth and easy to navigate like a real streaming service. Because if it is another option for quality links it does not make sense to me on top of RD and current addons.

That’s the claim. You’ll just have to try it and find out. Everyone has their personal preferences. But I don’t think it’ll find more or better links.

1 Like

I would whitelist all the 4k resolutions in kodi so the shield uses its ai upscaling. Leave all other resolutions in whitelist off.
I have my resolution on shield set to 4k 50hz as im in uk.

1 Like

I don’t personally use Syncler+ as I use Stremio and RD +Orion free. These combined with good addons gets me all the links I need or want.

1 Like

Syncler+ is the best all around real debrid compatible app and you just pay for the premium like the way tivimate is for IPTV. If you pm me I’ll send you an installation video and this all the links to the instructions

This is the install app for syncler so that you won’t have to configure it manually

Syncler is the app and syncler+ is the subscription that unlocks premium features of syncler
But Syncler official site only accepts Bitcoin payment but all you have to do is get Coinbase which is the most secure crypto payment platform on earth and add your PayPal to Coinbase and get Bitcoin through it and send payment to syncler
Please pm I’ll walk you through everything if you want to use syncler app. I help people everyday that have no idea what IPTV or real debrid is get set up it’s my actual business I’m an affordable cable/streaming service consultant

Im not a fan of syncler, give stremio a go brilliant ui download the android tv version and setup torrentio and all sorted. Runs nice and smooth on shield.

2 Likes

@Jayhawks659 do you have your Kodi First Run Guide on google drive or anywhere else that you can share since the video is removed from youtube? Thank you ser.

1 Like

Nope. Haven’t redone that video yet and didn’t save the original. I forgot all about it to be honest. Might remake it sometime when there’s nothing else to do.

1 Like

So, if you set everything in Kodi to 4k, the shield will automatically upscale any link to 4K? Won’t that just mean you don’t get any links unless they are already 4k?

Set kodi ui to 1080p and the shield to 4k , and use the whitelist to select all the 4k res.
When your links come up if ya click on a 1080p link the shield will upscale to 4k using the ai it has.
If ya select a 4k link it will adjust fps and send to tv.

This topic was automatically closed after 7 days. New replies are no longer allowed.