Mint Mobile cell service?

Anyone here used or have tried Mint Mobile? Thinking of switching over but don’t know anyone personally using the service although they get pretty good on-line reviews.

1 Like

My wife and I both use Mint. Haven’t had any issues. If your cell reception is good now it would be with Mint as well. I don’t use my phone a lot so it is perfect for me. My wife is always texting with a fried. Oh yes, we live in the wilderness.

1 Like

Good to know, my current service is good and on same network as mint, however mint is much cheaper including the unlimited plan which I dont need.

I don’t see us leaving Mint any time soon.

1 Like

Is Mint a lot cheaper? I pay $45 a month for my phone service with Spectrum. I believe they use the Verizon towers? I works pretty good for me, but am willing to save bucks if I can.

I just ordered mint with the 5gb plan. Its the cheapest they offer and way more than I use. I normally use 1-2 gigs/month because at home my phone swaps to my wifi. So I only use data when im outside of my home. Mint sells a min of 3 months at a time, it gets cheaper the more you buy. My first payment is $51.59 ttl for 3 months of service.

1 Like

I’m going to look into this. Currently paying $47 each with AT&T. :grinning: :dollar:

They currently offer all plans at $15/month but its only intro…so be careful as it reverts back to normal cost, although normal is still cheaper than any plan ive used before.
Mint Mobile | Wireless that’s Easy, Online, $15 Bucks a Month
https://www.mintmobile.com/

Do you know what unlimited would be after the intro plan?

I think it goes to $120 per month for four lines. So $30 each per month.

just a note, this is the T-mobile network

I wonder how good T-Mobile is in the hills of east Tennessee?

Screenshot from 2023-09-04 17-00-53
type in zip :face_with_monocle:

TMobile Connect plans are pretty good also, and despite being prepaid plan - TMobile Connect plans aren’t deprioritized against their post paid during tower congestion. Mint, while on the Tmo network, will get deprioritized during these times.

Tmo connect plans are:

$10/mo - 1GB (rumored bumping to 2GB) LTE/5G data, 1000 talk/texts.
$15/mo - 3.5 GB LTE/5G data (rumored to bumping to 5GB by end of year), unlimited talk/texts.
$25/mo - 6.5 (rumored to bumping to 8GB), unlimited talk/texts.

I have the $10 plan for my youngest son - works well. The rest of the family has standard post-paid TMO.

1 Like

Mint uses T-Mobile. So, if T-Mobile sucks in your area, don’t bother with Mint. I left Verizon last year for US MOBILE, as it runs off Verizon but way cheaper.

Similar to me. I left xfinity mobile which runs on verizon but rather poor in my location. T-mobile here is much better.

I definitely looked into Mint, but it doesn’t do good in my area. 25 miles north of me it’s great, but US Mobile works fine for us

1 Like

$25 a month with AT&t.

At@t is sketchy in spots near us too. But drive into town, it’s spotless