Mecool km7 problems

MECOOL KM7 PROBLEMS
I received this tv box from china and not sure if I can return it but, before making that decision I wanted to see if anyone can help me. I have several problems.
I connected the TV Box and the first problem was it failed to identify my TV brand (Sony) and requested I manually search for the brand or exit. There are no instructions on how to do this manually can anyone help me as this may solve my other problems. I have searched the internet/youtube and found nothing that could help me.
I ran the remote config app that is installed applications. Just got the same screen as when I connected the box. I think if I get my remote to work it may fix my other problems. Could it be because it is not a smart TV?
I also tried another newer Samsung smart TV same thing with the remote and even more problems than on my older Sony.

2 Likes

Hello @westy686 first off, thanks for being a Patron!! Sorry but I already got rid of my KM7 as it was one of the giveaways we provided in the last drawing. For me, the app that paired the remote worked so I donā€™t know how to do it manually. I would suggest sending a support request to MECOOL asking how to do it manually.

1 Like

OK will do. Thankyou for your quick reply.
For anyone reading this post, I ordered the KM7 on November 30th. It took 3 weeks to arrive. The tracking method was useless.
I emailed MECOOL and they told me it was in Canada and to go and pick it up. They gave me the number of the carrier in Edmonton to make arrangements (3,350 klms away from where I live). It did arrive 3 days later.
Possibly I have a faulty TV box as I now cannot even do anything in certain apps (troypoint app for example) I have to force stop the apps to get out so, I am going to look into how I return this to china.

1 Like

Merry Christmas @westy686 . I had exactly the same issues when I ordered my KM2. After setup there were numerous issues and I contacted customer service on several occasions and got a stock answer to check the ā€œupdatesā€ that were coming. Well they never did. Mine now sits in Electronic Purgatory in a junk box. As for returning it, I decided it would be far less stressful to simply accept the loss and call it a day. Their customer service was absolutely no help.

1 Like

Has anyone have a problem with the KM6 turning on or off I have to unplug each time to turn it on MeCool tried to help but nothing keep on telling me to turn on my Bluetooth its on anyone else have this issue.

1 Like

Greetings . . I had a similar prob. - referenced here in a previous note . . my KM6 would randomly shut down after my system had been turned off for the night . . . I leave all my various android boxes ON all the time. But sometimes after 6 hours, sometimes after 3 days Iā€™d find the KM6 flashing RED . . .the remote wouldnā€™t turn it back on and I had to go the unplugging route.
One evening I was poking around the Device Preferences and for some reason went to the SCREEN SAVER section . . .listed there is a heading ā€œPUT DEViCE TO SLEEPā€ with some options - 3 hoursā€¦12 hours and NEVER. I chose the NEVER option and suddenly ā€¦all the PITA issues disappeared . . . unit hasnā€™t shut down in a week and the remote now turns the unit off and on when I test it.
Hope this helps . . .donā€™t ask MeCool - they donā€™t respond.

4 Likes

Hello @rband13. I did get an answer from MECOOL. They want me to speak with their tech group. :thinking: LOL. They emailed me and told me to take videos of the problems and to make sure the remote is in the video at all times. I could see that this was going to become a real pain in the butt so the lesson I learned wasā€¦ do not buy direct from China. The problems are so erratic and strange they are hard to describe. I am giving up talking to MECOOL. I have restored it to factory defaults and tomorrow when my head is clear I will start from scratch. Thanks for your input. Merry Xmas.

2 Likes

Hello @Miki,
Xmas greeting to you. My Mecool KM7 is on the shelf. Unfortunately I do not have a film crew to take the video MECOOL is requesting (with remote in video at all times). I only have two hands and one set of eyes. Butā€¦they did send me the link below for anyone that has a KM7 this may help them. I think the TVbox could be great but mine had a problem. I have had several android tv boxes so I am ā€œsort ofā€ ok at figuring most things out but this one just boggled me.

如何čæžęŽ„é„ęŽ§č®¾å¤‡.mp4 - Google Drive

1 Like

I fully understand @westy686 . A very Merry Christmas to you. I bought a KM2 and it also sits on the shelve because of the poor customer service and nothing resolved.

1 Like

Same S**T today from factory defaults. Damn, I have a headache from trying to figure this box out. On the shelf for now, too much of a nuisance to bother with the constant emailing from them to take vids of problems. Like I said to Miki, my film crew is not available. :slight_smile:

This way to phunnie on this product and I have been in the same situation has you guys there support is just awful,right now Iā€™m running the KM2 and so far so good knock knock on wood,but if this device goes it bye bye kansas with this company

PS
very true cut your losses it will be a lot more frustrating of returning back the product

Regards,
Marko

2 Likes

All I received was the run around 9 emails from them after I explained the problem all I got was just a email saying take a video I ask them how do I take a video of what trying to turn the unit on customer service for me was useless I like the box but it has some issues, it seems they donā€™t care need to look for a better box.

2 Likes

I had a MeCool box running Android 7.1 connected to a Samsung TV (non-smart) and did not encounter what you have described. Maybe the box does not recognize a TV without smart ware(?) As long as you have an hdmi connection to your tv from the box, everything should work ok. That said, I think the remote that comes with the MeCool boxes is not very functional or responsive and you should consider getting a better android tv remote with air mouse and usb dongle. Amazon has a good selection.

1 Like

Hey @ sim_bill
Glad you did not have problems. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks 4 that update westy686 . . Factory Reset was my last resort.
While MECool didnā€™t respond to me directly, my seller - WalMart - tried very hard to get a suitable solution - the standard answer from MeCOOL seems 2 B "Send us a short Video of the problemā€™.
Asking for a Video of an intermittent problem is absurd IMHO.
Good Luck with your Reset . . hope everything works out in time for all the New Yearā€™s Eve celebrations ;-))

1 Like

I guess I was lucky! I bought a KM2 for a friend to replace his Mi box. I set it up at my house then took it to his and finished there. He tells me it is working just great and runs so much better than the Mi box. Also he doesnā€™t care about anything except that he can watch movies or TV without problems. So Iā€™ll just keep my fingers cross for now

Hi @sim_bill, I also tried the MECOOL KM7 on my other "smart"TVā€™s, same problems. The remote would not even turn the box on or off. I have to disconnect the cord. And ā€¦I checked the batteries and settings to see if something was turned off. I also tried my air remote w/dongle and it caused the screen to flash constantly. Very weird stuff. I have 3 other older T95 plus android boxes and 2 firesticks that all work great. KM7 has been put aside for now.

1 Like

Boy, that is strange. Sounds like it may be best to avoid MeCool boxes on non-smart Samsung TVs. Never had any problems using other boxes or an android stick on mine. If you can swing it, the highly rated Ugoos AM6B Plus (check review on TV Box Stop website), is rated just behind the Nvidia Shield in performance and I find it runs perfectly. It runs on open android 9.0 OS and has a root switch in addition to other cool features.

1 Like

Sorry to hear youā€™re having all the problems westyā€¦figured Iā€™d chime in, I got my KM6 Deluxe from the company below & havenā€™t had any problems at allā€¦but have been reading about the nightmares you & others have hadā€¦& am considering myself very lucky mine isnā€™t an expensive paperweight.
Good luck & FYIā€¦this company ships from USA & Canada so they must have certain stock on hand.

1 Like

Thanks my iptv provider kick me off no channels because i told them i was getting no sound on 1/3 of the channels this was happening on two MECOOL boxes I tried a few different tivimate, iptv, smart iptv, received the same outcome on the same stations , now just have to get a better iptv provider. thats the bad thing you cant get your money back.