MeCool KM2 won’t connect to Google Servers

Somehow our remote got disconnected from our box. I’m trying to pair back with tv for volume etc on our TCL. When screen comes up to choose brand, circle spins and says “Unable to reach

Google Servers” anyone else experience this?

3 Likes

never have, have you tried turning off the vpn?

2 Likes

I’ve tried that, I’ve rebooted the box a couple times, turned off USB Debugging, turned it back on and nothing has worked. Google Playstore connects without issue. I don’t get it

almost sounds as if google is rejecting the request and makes no sense to me

I’m thinking going the route of a master reset to see what happens. I really don’t have any other things to try at this time. I may log out and log back in to see what may happen

Here’s a question…it’s never happened before. I used that TDUK app to kill everything. Any chance it stopped one of the Google Services needed?

I’ve used it on every box I own, daily. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened, like shutting down any critical Google services that would cause an issue. Very strange issue, indeed.

1 Like

not out of the possibility. But as @AMD237 says, not happened to him and he has mecools…anybodys guess

1 Like

It may take a factory reset, but maybe try to unplug tv and box for a good while, maybe router/modem too. Just to see if it fixes it before you go to full reset. Googled the wordage on your screen, similar but nothing exactly the same issue popped up.

1 Like

I actually had to replace the KM2 with a new ONN because I couldn’t even get the tv to turn on. I’ll fiddle with it when I can. No issue with the ONN

1 Like

Clear your google cache. Log out of google, reboot and log back in.

3 Likes

Good idea Miki, and force stop as well :+1:

1 Like

Hey Streaming429 I am a Mecool reseller. I can get you a new remote for $15 U.S. plus pay the shipping from Mecool to your address.

Regards,

It isn’t the remote. Box won’t connect to Google Servers

1 Like

My KM2 also is having the same error. Last night, I did a factory reset hoping that would solve the problem, but it did not.

Another strange thing is that google said I had a new sign in on my Mecool LEAP-S1 following the factory reset. I definitely own a KM-2.

2 Likes

OEM of KM2 is the Skyworth and its origin name is LEAP-S1 that holds the certificates from Google and Netflix. Try to install an apk attached in my previous post.

2 Likes

This same EXACT problem… “unablt to reach google servers” started last Sunday 5-7-2023. All was well saturday night and bam… Sunday morning remote only worked my mecool km2 plus. Tried to add device (tv and soundbar) with no luck. I did everything stated in these threads and still nothing!

1 Like

I haven’t messed with mine since that happened. No time. Just hooked up the new ONN I bought and has been a life saver

Hello, i have the same problem. Have you found the solution?

Sure hate seeing this problem with more people, but it’s a relief that it isn’t just in my end