MeCool KM2 won’t connect to Google Servers

Just started for me on 5/12/23.

Having the exact same problem with my KM2, been working on it for the past few days with no luck, I even did a factory reset and that too did not fix the problem. I’ve tried every suggestion I’ve found on the internet and so far nothing work.

Please post if someone finds the answer to this very annoying problem,

Install this apk.

4 Likes

I’ve installed the apk and it works, back to normal. Thanks

2 Likes

How do I install this apk on my mecool?

How to install this apk on my mecool?

I have the same problem (re Google servers). In my case, it is a brand new KM2 plus and can still return to Amazon. I have tried most of the stuff Streaming429 has - reboot, reset remote again. Remote works on all except power. It will not turn on the tv but does most everything else. I will not turn off the tv, just goes to standby and leaves a dark screen. I plan to do the reset very soon and sending the box back if it still doesn’t work. Let you know if problem solved, though I do not anticipate solving because most of you guys are more knowledgeable than I.

1 Like

I download the apk to my phone then use a free app from the play store called “Send files to TV” to send the apk to the Mecool KM2, once it’s on the KM2 you click on it to install it then reboot, you should be good at that point.

Any other fix to this? The APK won’t work for me. Says there is a problem parsing the package when I try to install. Thanks.

Wait about two weeks, Mecool will release a firmware update for fixing issue.

2 Likes

I use the TDUK App Killer and Cache Cleaner on a KM6 and a KM2 box. The KM6 uses the modified Netflix app, and while it works, after using the App Killer and Cache Cleaner, I am required to login to the Netflix with my credentials. I may just try whitelisting Netflix in the App Killer and see if that makes a difference, but this may be related to the Google server issue.

Has this issue been fix yet short of downloading apks to phones and fiddling with settings?

OTA firmware update will be released for KM2 and KM Plus in July 2023 - just confirmed by Mecool Tech Support Team.

2 Likes

I have the exact same problem with my km2 plus. I have a km6 that does not have this issue, and my shield pro does not have that problem. I have signed out of my google account, deleted my google account on the km2 box and cleared all cache, uninstall all updates to the play store. None of that helped the problem.

There was a supposed update to be released for this as posted by someone who was in contact with their support. I’m starting to wonder and will probably move on from MeCool in the future, meaning now

1 Like

I understand. All the streaming box have some sort of issue. I have three mecools, a shield pro, two onn boxes, and a handfull of firesticks.

In my opinion all has some sort of issue. Hopefully mecool will step up and fix the problem. Updates are not one of mecool strong points. They are still very good boxes for what you get. Good luck finding a new box. I would be interested in hearing what you come up with.

It’s up to you… All is under our responsibility.

Time is ticking away…

They’re very good boxes. They do have issues updating their product. I have a new ONN hooked up now, a Formuler Z10 Pro Max next to it, a few TiVo Stream 4K standing by if needed and will most likely just replace it with a Shield Pro like our bedroom has now. The new ONN in the living room I connected when the MeCool wouldn’t connect has been the daily work horse as the family is always watching something. I’m not a power user per say. No Plex or recording as of now. Just watch tv & use apps.

1 Like

I have the same problem on both my MK2 plus devices. There is no solution for now