Mecool device recommendations

Mecool has a big sale coming up might grab something if I see the right price which device is recommended?

1 Like

I have the km7 plus,it’s a good device,plenty of storage ports,and ethernet port,but ultimately it ended up in the closet.

2 Likes

Mecool seems to be popular with people here why did it end up in the closet?

I had a KM2 and any device issues were ignored. Updates were rarely rolled out, and difficult to get. Noone to contact regarding any malfunctions. Returns were virtually impossible and often more expensive. Mine went in the recycle bin in under a month. Customer service didn’t exist.

The KM6 Deluxe is still their best model in my opinion. They don’t push OTA updates almost ever, but sometimes that is a good thing. The specs are fantastic and if you get them on sale, it is an absolute bargain. I wouldn’t take it over a Shield Pro or anything like that, but I have two of them in two different bedrooms upstairs that we use nightly. A lot of people still like the KM2, but to my eye it just doesn’t meet the specs that I want.

3 Likes

I agree with @AMD237 about the km6, imho is the best mecool box. Ive also had 2 of the original km2 boxes and never an issue. I found the km2’s great for tivimate but not for kodi. As with any mecool box don’t expect many if any updates as they are rare and generally they must be done manually rather than the built in updater.

1 Like

Oh WOW surprised Troy has promoted this brand doesn’t seem as great as his reviews and articles on the devices

Try to find any other box out there for around $100 with these specs:

ANDROID TV BOX MECOOL KM6 DELUXE EDITION Specification
CPU: Amlogic S905X4 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A55
GPU: Mali-G31 MP2
RAM: 4GB
ROM: 64GB
Wifi: 2.4G/5G 2T2R 802.11 b/g/n/ac/ax
BT: 5.0
Ethernet: RJ45 10/100/1000 M

3 Likes

There’s plenty of Cheap China T95Z boxes out there with these spec’s. I know the newer 0nes have the inferior Allwinner Chip but I have 2 T95Z Plus Stock boxes from 2018 with the Amlogic quad Core, 4GB/64GB, 10/100/1000 purchased for $50-$60 back in 2017/2018

It doesn’t have the same specs because that is stock android vs Android TV. But yes, those are an option too…just not for me.

What is the advantage of Android TV vs Stock? And don’t give me that certified and Netflix argument Crap. I don’t need certified and I certainly don’t need Netflix. I cut the cord so I could get rid of Netflix

1 Like

I don’t know the exact specs on 2nd gen 4k max but 16 GB storage is plenty enough for me and it’s only $60 but already have been on sale a few times and performance is top tier. And launchers works on them at least for now. But for a $100 or more I need better consistency thought before mecool was an excellent device but apparently some people experience wasn’t good and the inconsistency is why I’ve always been skeptical of the mecool and buzztv type of devices because at their prices I need the device to be as dependable as Amazon or Google or Android TV OS devices. But they are saying a big sale is coming 11/11/23 so I may grab something

It seems to me that no matter what box one purchases, there is always going to be some people that have nothing but trouble, while others have no problems at all. I just bought a KM7Plus and so far, it performs flawlessly. I would have liked a little more memory and RAM, but it performs fine.

1 Like

because I got an nvidia shield,wife and grandkid are very familiar with the fire sticks and onn devices so that’s why it ended up in the closet.and tbf I wasn’t impressed with the picture quality,it just didn’t seem as good as the firesticks,the remote is pretty much identical to the onn remotes.

Yea it performs fine,but to me they seem a bit pricey for what they offer.The only real advantages I can see are the ethernet port and storage slots.Those are cheaply taken care of with otg cables on other devices,that are considerably cheaper.

anyway just my thoughts

The main thing the new Max has on something like the KM6 is the Wifi6e. In my opinion, that is just more marketing gimmick than anything, as not many people have a 6e router, and is 6e even going to stick with Wifi7 potentially on the horizon. I also wouldn’t count on the new launcher manager method to stick for any length of time. Amazon has always found a way to reverse this, but I guess time will tell.

Ya out of the box it may not seem to have a good pic on your setup. It took me a week of experimenting and learning, as it has a huge selection of settings, to get a top quality picture on my system. Now I can assure you, it is far better than my 4K Max and any of the hundreds I programmed. Now the 2nd gen 2023 Max maybe another story and I can’t honestly give my opinion on those as I gave up programming and selling 4K Max about 6 months ago before the upgrade.

2 Likes

Well WiFi 6 is life changing and wifi 7 will be better or equal to hardwired connection signal performance. Wifi 7 gets great signal in the basement or downstairs from router/modem never thought they would solve that.I’ve had wifi 6 router for some years and glad devices finally caught up with the tech. Never thought wifi would get this good.

Oh I agree, love my mesh Wifi6 system. Wasnt downplaying 6, just not sold on 6e when 7 is likely not far away.

Yeah but tech is so slow with keeping up wifi 7 will be out but it’ll awhile before wifi 7 devices comes out to take advantage of it. So wifi 6e will be fine because of the slow rollout of wifi 7 compatible devices and phones but phones will probably be first to adapt wifi 7 compatibility