Live tv freezing after 2 mins

Yessiree…like Dracoo suggested…just get an iptv service & keep a couple of whatever is working at the time as backups. Again tho…these apps may not be his problem…could be his vpn (if using one) device or hardware…gremlins…we’ll see what’s happening when he posts again…hopefully.

1 Like

That DarkBoxTV app sucks. Poor pic quality, jerky playback, lockups, most sources appear to be SD. I now believe this app is part of their problems. The following is a better one with more settings and better playback imho.

2 Likes

At least I’ve actually heard of Rapid Streamz. Had never heard any mention of DarkBox before. Of course that doesn’t mean anything, just sayin’ :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Agree…forgot all about RapidStreamz…actually have it on my BlueStacks…god suggestion for him. :+1:

1 Like

Hey Miki, do you know if Rapid Streamz and Swift Streamz are kind of clones of each other?

2 Likes

I don’t think so. But I’ve been known to be wrong occasionally. :wink: :blush:

You??? Nooooo, never! LOL I guess I can go download both and take a look. Not much else to do here, streets are all frozen, can’t even go outside.

Can you say SKATE!! Slip sliding away. Rapid Streamz I am adding for my tech challenged friends.

1 Like

LOL Yeah I can say skate, and I can also say broken ankle. Just found the ad free lite version of Rapid. Will try that one.

3 Likes

Swift and Rapid are not the same. Rapid seems to give the better result. And has multiple link choices on some channels. Nice recommendation Miki.

2 Likes

Hi all. Sorry been busy. Thanks for all the comments.
Just to be clear. I am in the UK. Using a wired connection and a VPN. Internet connection speeds perfect. All was working fine until a few days ago and then the issue started. I have done a factory reset and the issue remains. Kodi and other app streams stopping after 2 mins almost identical in time. Rapid streamz exactly the same, played perfectly for 2 mins then froze.
Im pulling my hair out LOL.

For my own piece of mind Ive started to watch a film through KODI and it works perfectly !

Its ONLY live tv thats an issue. Very frustrating.

So…3 different live apps stop streaming after 2 min…but your VOD stuff is fine…good connection, hardwired…good speed & vpn is…??? What vpn are you using & have you tried the 123 live url that I PM’d you…in your Silk browser?

Any other UK peeps reading this thread having live tv problems???

Pretty odd. I don’t use kodi but all the other apps play content perfectly.
FYI I am on a 4k Max.

I don’t believe it. I pulled everything out, disconnected every cable and left it alone for half an hour. Plugged back in to try a suggestion and rapid streamz is still working after 10 mins.

I don’t know what to say apart from thank you everyone for your help and suggestions, much appreciated.

If it starts playing up again, ill let you know.

1 Like

It was definitely Gremlins :eyes:

1 Like

There really isnt much more we can do btw. Look into a paid provider.

I spoke too soon… Still a problem but only with KODI. I guess its a mixture of gremlins and maybe addon issue. Thanks very much for all your help :smile:

No problem…I have heard of Kodi live tv being a bit less than dependable…so I’d maybe find some alternatives to that. Otherwise, if you’re gonna’ stick with the free live sites, maybe have as many backups as you can find…there are plenty out there. …or, think about the paid iptv route. GL2U :cowboy_hat_face:

Just curious…how much free space does it say you have left on your Firestick?

1 Like

Please do a search, you will not get great iptv for free from kodi, its mentioned here alot. Your best bet is an iptv provider.

2 Likes