Launcher manager 1.1.8 allows home button on fs

Just installed the latest version of LAUNCHER MANAGER 1.1.8 which uses ADB commands to open a custom launcher like WOLF with the home button. Basically fixed the block Amazon had made on the latest Firestick OS versions. Works well on my max and on my cube 2nd gen.

4 Likes

Is this from Sween at XDA Forum?

Yes it is from sween

2 Likes

Yes it’s from Sween

Here is a video tutorial if anyone’s interested.

Custom Launchers are working again on Firestick and Cube!

4 Likes

Thanks. Good to know! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for posting a video. Interesting development!

1 Like

This might just be the post/thread of the year. This is an absolute gamechanger. I knew someone eventually would figure a way around the Amazon custom launcher blocks, it appears that day is here. Wow, is all I can say. Great find @Ellteejak and @Cdub74 .

@Troypoint do you think we may be able to put that v1.1.8 in the Toolbox at some point? (I had to access through XDA) Just tried this on my Max and it works great. The home button works, custom launcher started up on device boot, etc.

@TP-Dracoo - It’s well above my paygrade, but we may want to pin this thread…just a thought.

1 Like

All the Firestick users in this forum and I am the only one that thought this is a HUGE deal? lol

I’m not a Firestick user, not presently anyway, and I agree this is a huge step in the right direction. I think it’s a big deal. It’s not a perfect solution like we had a year or so ago, but it’s way better than what was currently available. People are probably very hesitant about getting too excited because they expect Amazon to counter this with another joy killer. Kudos to SweenWolf!

1 Like

Yea, it is possible, but this allows launcher customization again. Not being able to use a launcher without Launch on Boot may not seem like a big deal, but I don’t use Firesticks anymore because of it so, yea I think this gets us so much closer to Android TV in that regard. It seems like 80% of this Insider Forum uses these sticks, I thought this thread
would absolutely blow up with excitement, but… :no_mouth: :mute:

:rofl:

1 Like

You’re right. It did seem like the majority of people here were using Firesticks. Maybe they just haven’t heard the news yet… maybe it’s gonna be a slow trickle of the new info and then BOOM! :bomb: :boom:

Have you tried the new TDUK App Killer yet? Just came out yesterday I think.

1 Like

I haven’t…will try it though. I use his Cache cleaner. It is cool but the pin code a little annoying lol.

I’m anxious to see if it will work on other Android devices. Not just the Fire OS.

I bought the Premium Cache Cleaner, which was 1.99 I think, then extracted it from my Cube and put it on my Shield just to see if it would work. And it did.

1 Like

I will get back to you on this, I 'm will to bet troy will do a video on this. When its up it will be posted.

2 Likes

I’ve been removed from the Amazon BS for a while now, but I’m curious if you have to enable USB debugging for this to work? Sorry I’m on my lunch break now and didn’t watch the video. Didn’t I read something about Amazon also blocking developer options now, which includes debugging, which I believe you need to enable for ADB shell commands to work (which is how you said this works).

You turn on ADB debugging, and works through that. I’m not sure how, as I thought Amazon blocked this, but I guess that’s what makes it cool that they found a way to get it done lol.

Capture

1 Like

I’m kind of like a couple other guys are on this Insider form about the homepage. When I’m on my fire stick and now I’m using the shield I don’t stay on the homepage at all. I hit it and I go right into my streaming. So unless this launcher does something else besides just changing a home screen for you I don’t see much use for it for myself.

To me, the launcher is one of the most important parts of cord cutting. If I have to look at anything else on my screen other than exactly what I want, it isn’t for me. I hate the Amazon starting screen with a passion and the AndroidTV is almost as bad. If I turn my TV on, I want to see my apps, organized the way I want them and maybe a cool background.

4 Likes