KODI - The Big Advantage Why You Use It

I never said you said not to use a vpn dude. I asked you to stop saying its safer than others when in fact you need to use with caution.

“Stop saying stremio is safer. Stremio with out a vpn is absolutely dangerous.”

That’s the statement you posted. Sorry did I misunderstand that? I agree we need to use it with caution. That’s a given. Ok I’m leaving it at that. Tx for your input Dracoo. I didn’t mean to hijack the OP’s thread. Have a great day. Stay warm up there.

Great thread everyone.

I started out using diggz on Kodi but I found I didn’t use many of the things that came with, it often took a while to load, and I would get several mystery errors out of the blue.

I had a power fluctuation situation which resulted in me having to factory reset my nvidia pro. So I thought, I know the handful of add-ons I like to use so I decided to forego the build approach and just add those add-ons. And I went with Aeon Nox Silvio skin. And it has been awesome.

You see, I have a few extra things to account for that maybe most of you guys don’t. First, I’m in a condo building and I find that the bandwidth can fluctuate in the building, especially in prime time. Second, I have a wife who when she wants to watch something, she doesn’t want any surprises in the streaming that cause me to have to troubleshoot. And finally, she absolutely must have subtitles due to hearing issues and the fact that we watch a lot of UK stuff with strong accents.

So in order to do all that, I need to do like those cooking shows and say “here is something I prepared earlier” - if you get my drift. And right now my setup on Kodi is perfect for that.

So those are the things I need it for and Stremio is fine when I want to watch something on my own. But it doesn’t pass the wife test. And you know what they say … happy wife, happy life.

Cheers

7 Likes

2 Likes

For me, KODI & IPTV go hand in hand. I wouldn’t have one without the other.

The main advantages for me:

1. KODI eliminates the need for your IPTV provider having catchup. I can watch ALL my weekly shows on KODI. Best of all, WITH NO COMMERCIALS!!! I abhor having to watch advertisings.

The only reason i need IPTV is for live sports & regional news. KODI does have good sports add-ons but the reliability is iffy most of the time.

6 Likes

The best and worse thing about Kodi is it’s capacity for customization. I hate to be blunt about it, but if you want something that is perfect with no need for tweaking settings then pay for Netflix or something. Kodi takes a little bit of time to figure out, but you can make it look and function just like a paid app. I only use the crew addon with real debrid. I never have any buffering. I never have a problem finding 4K streams for popular movies, including those with TrueHD audio. Always English, always with working subtitles when foreign languages are spoken. Player controls are customized for easier forward and rewind functions. Back button stops a stream instead of going back to the menu. Auto resume works. Jump back after pause works. The only thing I haven’t figured out with the crew is automatically playing next episodes for TV series. But that’s no big deal.

2 Likes

Yeah I put stremio on my PC and what a difference. Completely different from having it on the Fire stick. I was able to download movies do all kinds of stuff with it in fact the shows that I have on it gives me a month calendar when they’re going to be playing. These are first run shows not reruns. In the future I’m going to try to do that with kodi.

THIS post is EXACTLY CORRECT!

3 Likes

I have used KODI on my Fire TV & Firestick for over 3 years now…and it works great. I have deleted all the other apps. I only use add-ons… not builds. Builds are not kept up as well as the add-ons. Over the years, some have stopped working or created issues, plus they take IP more space & you will have space issues in KODI.

2 Likes

I’ve used Kodi since about 2014 (anybody remember “Genesis”?) and I still use it as a media player for playing back my video files from my NAS. I resisted Terrarium for the longest time but eventually gave in. It was just faster and easier to use. Now I use Stremio for the same reason. Occasionally I don’t get links in Stremio or they may buffer, but may find something on Kodi with Crew/Seren. Sometimes I find link on Stremio that kodi doesn’t find. My biggest gripe about Kodi and its addons is that it is so SLOOOOOOOW!

3 Likes

Not on faster devices. Kodi honestly just sucks on firesticks. Its blazing on my better boxes and pc. The more ram you have the better.

5 Likes

I prefer to use Kodi, the only reason being is that, when I use Stremio there’s always a lip sync problem. I think someone else mentioned that, it is mainly a preference thing.
I use Skeleton crew used with Debrid and I’m a sucker for Magic Dragon. I leared how to install and sideload after a friend showed me the door. I enjoy doing that now as much as watching a movie.

Happy tech-ing

1 Like

Thanks. when you say kodi is better on faster boxes do you have a favorite box you use with kodi?

1 Like

Shield Pro is what I have.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that Kodi sucks on 8 GB FSs or Android devices, but it is snapper on devices with more RAM for sure.

In my experience, expanding the memory does help with the cheapies.

4 Likes

Just got mine…there goes my :sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

I’m a huge Kodi fan, and it’s my go-to for movies and TV shows. Coupled with IPVanish, RD, and addons like The Crew, Fen, and Seren, I can watch pretty much anything I want, anytime, commercial-free. As far as the learning curve, I’m 68, and with Troy’s guidance, it didn’t take me long to get Kodi up and running.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

You are exactly right but you left out what I think is the most important part. You can’t plow a field with the Altima. The learning curve is greater but the outcome (imho) is greater and it gives you the accomplishment of learning how to operate the system just a little better!!