KODI - The Big Advantage Why You Use It

I don’t use Kodi. Every time I look at Kodi it seems a HUGE learning curve. I use multiple verified and subscription type services. Many APKs have hundreds of live TV channels, Tubi, Pluto, Filmrise, etc offer thousands of movies and series with great servers. I use Stremio without RD and see everything I want plus a paid IP*V with thousands of channels, sports, movies, VOD, 24/7 and more.
Kodi builds and add-ons are always changing and troublesome?

What advantage will I gain learning Kodi? How many others don’t use Kodi? If you use Kodi, why and what do you gain?
Just wondering!?!

2 Likes

I literally use Kodi as a backup. I can go weeks without even logging into Kodi, as I have everything I want and need without it. BUT, i am a huge believer in having as many options as possible in case something happens. Once you fiddle with it, the learning curve isnt that bad, but I just am not huge on the User Interface of Kodi. Again, this is my taste and wont hold it against anyone that does like it. Some of the add-ons are fantastic paired with Real Debrid. If you dont use Real Debrid, not really worth wasting your time with Kodi.

5 Likes

Another one if these posts. If you have stuff that works for you then dont use kodi.

Kodis best option is with real debrid seren and crew. It works super well. Im not going to give you a list of reasons to use it or not use it. I think people are set in their ways. If you want to learn it install it and try it out. You wont learn a thing by asking others on their experiences. Give it a go, worst case you uninstall and move on.

7 Likes

kodi is where i first started yes iptv is better aand easier to use but kodi with good build like diggz is really good and easy to use you can find most things there to watch

8 Likes

I agree with @AMD237 and its my backup usually however right now its not even setup. Kodi is what I do when I get bored as its time consuming to setup and yes will eventually not work and need re-done. On top of that kodi is resource intense and I prefer it on its own box and not mixed with my other services. But when you cant find something, Kodi is a great resorce to have.

10 Likes

I use stremio as my number 1 app. Then i have 3 kodi installs that i like to play about with and try new builds. Try it with one addon and see if you like it. I recommend the fen addon as it is nice and fast.

7 Likes

I used Kodi when I first started streaming, but don’t see a reason for it now. IPTV, Tivimate, and stand alone apps are easier and give me everything I’m looking for. It’s fun, but is a memory hog and a little tedious to navigate and maintain.

3 Likes

I love KODI! It is my absolute go to for all things TV Shows/Movies coupled with real Debrid and Trakt. I think part of it is I started this adventure on KODI back in the day when KODI was extremely difficult to maintain with lot’s of issues. I was determined to persevere and struggled a ton but I learned. And now the Dev’s have made it so much better. To me it is very easy because back then it was very difficult. space is not an issue with me as I run multiple builds and forks on Multiple boxes

3 Likes

Just install my Skeleton Crew build, link your real debrid and Trakt accounts and you’re good to go. That’s why I made it.

I even made shortcuts to link your accounts. Couldn’t be easier.

6 Likes

I don’t use Kodi very often but when I do it reminds me of this

1 Like

Nothing runs like a Deere!!!

3 Likes

Kodi with Skeleton Crew

4 Likes

With Crewnique skin! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Kodi is my #1 go to for movies and tv series. If you are leary of the set up, then troy is your friend. He has multiple picture tutorials, on his website,on setting up kodi. Once its set up with a decent addon, just sit back and enjoy.

8 Likes

I am tempted to start my own thread about Kodi vs Stremio.
I have used both extensively & have evolved to really prefer using Kodi…but Stremio does have advantages.

6 Likes

I think one of the big draws for those using Kodi is that you will never encounter any ads!

9 Likes

It doesn’t, only on firesticks as it has to little ram.

2 Likes

I used Kodi exclusively for a number of years. It is now relegated to back up. As mentioned User Interface is laborious, add-ons come and go and break.
I now cover everything I watch with Tivimate, Stremio, Sports Fire, Real-Debrid, Trakt, and Nord VPN.
Quick and easy UI, APK’s are reliable and storage and processing power are manageable on most devices.

6 Likes

Not an opinion, more of a fact.

1 Like

I have been using many different APKs over the years. I started out a long time ago ing only Kodi but it had many problems. with me, I stopped using it and went with CyberFlix, CinemaHD, BeeTV and others. They all started yo have problems a yer or so ago, with me. that I went back to Kodi. I stopped using big builds years ago because I would have to go in and get rid of a lot of stuff I didn’t use. Now my Kodi has Movie/TV specific builds. Homelander and Skeleton. I have Syncler and Stremio as back ups, don’t really use them. Like JayHawke said earlier, use what works for you

3 Likes