KODI - The Big Advantage Why You Use It

I prefer to use Kodi, the only reason being is that, when I use Stremio there’s always a lip sync problem. I think someone else mentioned that, it is mainly a preference thing.
I use Skeleton crew used with Debrid and I’m a sucker for Magic Dragon. I leared how to install and sideload after a friend showed me the door. I enjoy doing that now as much as watching a movie.

Happy tech-ing

2 Likes

Thanks. when you say kodi is better on faster boxes do you have a favorite box you use with kodi?

1 Like

Shield Pro is what I have.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say that Kodi sucks on 8 GB FSs or Android devices, but it is snapper on devices with more RAM for sure.

In my experience, expanding the memory does help with the cheapies.

4 Likes

Just got mine…there goes my :sunrise_over_mountains:

2 Likes

I’m a huge Kodi fan, and it’s my go-to for movies and TV shows. Coupled with IPVanish, RD, and addons like The Crew, Fen, and Seren, I can watch pretty much anything I want, anytime, commercial-free. As far as the learning curve, I’m 68, and with Troy’s guidance, it didn’t take me long to get Kodi up and running.

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

You are exactly right but you left out what I think is the most important part. You can’t plow a field with the Altima. The learning curve is greater but the outcome (imho) is greater and it gives you the accomplishment of learning how to operate the system just a little better!!

I’m here to make that learning curve shorter.

1 Like

All I know is kodi. I’ve been using over 10 years. Never had a need to try anything else. I use it with vpn and real-debrid. I don’t miss any shows, movies, concerts, or music videos. Lately missing my sky channels. Might have to wait on the movies tho…lol. Studios are on to me and play in theaters first.

1 Like

I use this also (kodi-crew-seren). Just curious. What does seren have to offer that crew doesn’t have?

1 Like

The crew and seren are the best addons. Seren is a paid only addon, meaning you need RD. Seren allows for Orion support as well, so i have Orion and plug in my RD with Orion and then Orion as a provider package in seren, the advantage is search speed is increased using orion servers. Other than that no real big difference other than no free scrap search, seren search is faster than crew.

Thank you for the Quick, Clear, Accurate, Meaningful and Helpful reply.

1 Like

All of these add-ons are pretty close to each other, in that they offer the VOD and some offer live channels, music, etc. Easiest way to know the difference is to research them on www.troypoint.com and then try them. Install and then if you don’t like them, just uninstall the add-on or build. Troy’s Toolbox makes it easy to reinstall Kodi if you get to the point where you want to start over.

What does it do? I have it as one of the options but never tried it.

1 Like

Research on www.troypoint.com

I use Kodi for several things. None of which you can do with a different apk. First thing being, I play movies or tv shows from online open directories. I enter these urls I find into Kodi in the Files section under (Video addons). If anyone knows of an apk that will let me do this (play videos from an online open directory) could you please share the name? I’ve been looking for something like this for several years to no avail.

1 Like

I don’t know what you mean. In the skeleton crew build I made a shortcut to the authorization for real debrid. You only have to do it once. I’m not going to type up all the steps. You just use a skin and go through the settings to setup your home layout.

Yeah, you’re welcome. Don’t watch any of the videos I’ve made or read any of the countless posts I’ve made on here or anything. You still didn’t explain what you mean by “shortcut”. You only have to authorize real debrid once. Why would you need a shortcut?