Kodi Setup Video Start2Finish

It works on Windows. It’s just 2 folders in a zip file.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’ve never put Kodi on a PC. Thanks for verifying.

2 Likes

Welcome. Thanks for your contributions.

3 Likes

Stremio on a PC opens up a wide big operational opportunities in programming and streaming. Favorites, organization, calendar, scheduling, and downloading. Very fast downloading from stremio. And and as far as for the plug, it was intended for the 78 yr old gentleman who cannot install and operate Kodi but very well can install and operate stremio. It was to help him out. I have crew unique on Kodi and used to use Kodi as a secondary backup until I did’t renew RD. However let it be known that even between Kodi and stremio there’s been a couple shows that I couldn’t get on either but I got on my IPTV service.

1 Like

Excellent video, @Jayhawks659 . I’ve been using Kodi for a while but some of the little tweaks were helpful.

I have one little question about the key map thing. On video playback, you walked thru setting the back button to stop the video. Which is great. I changed that. But what I find I do often is pause the video so I can check some settings and sometimes I decide to get out of the video. So is there a way I can change the behaviour for a paused video where I press the back button to stop the video as well?

Let me know if that makes any sense.

Depends on what you’re asking. If you want to actually stop the video then just push the back button twice. If you’re looking to keep the video up in the background while getting into the Kodi settings menu (not the OSD menu) and then go back to the video, then I would leave the back button alone and maybe map a different button you don’t use during playback to make that the stop button.

I thought I was pretty well versed, but I picked-up several new tricks. Always good to keep an open mind and review old hacks.

Thank-you!

2 Likes

Your video is great, really helped me.

2 Likes

Thanks again for this video.

1 Like

What state are you in?

Jayhawks659, I could have sworn that I put a comment here after watching your video. Maybe my crazy imagination? Anyhow, what an awesome video. I learned at least a half dozen new tricks on Kodi to make my life better. Your production value and pacing was spot on. So much appreciated! Plus love the Weimaraner! I had a sweet female years ago.

The reason I am commenting now is I treated myself to a new Shield Pro since they were on sale recently. I had saved your video and referred to it to do the same setup. It was just perfect and made this set up go so smoothly. Thank you!

BTW, could anyone twist your arm to do a short video on getting the best of the Fen addon?

I got this all set up thank you for the nice video now I need to understand what forks are and how that works. I see it in the toolbox but I don’t understand what forks is is there a video similar to this about forks.

A Fork is simply another instance of KODI. A fork allows you to have another KODI Shell and it runs alongside Native KODI but is completely independent. As long as you have the space needed it allows you to add another Build or Addons. I often test different Addons and Builds on my Forks. And if something were to happen to your main KODI you could simply switch to your Fork quickly

Many thanks for your response as I am a beginner.
Primarily using Stremio for now as it’s is
simpler. Still learning about KODI after installing The Crew but many streams were not working on KODI.
Trying to avoid using real debrid if I don’t have to and find stremio is working great so far with out RD and yes Always using the VPN.

I think it’s s been noted in many many comments that you won’t have a very good experience with the Crew without Real Debrid.

1 Like

That was awesome. Ive been using the crew for years and learned some things. Some things mentioned I stumbled on after years of use. Anyway great job.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to create this video…thanks to you, i was able to get Kodi, RD and Trakt all set on my macbook. Planning a 6 week roadtrip with the grands and you may have just saved my sanity!! If there are any adjustments i should consider on a laptop, please feel free to suggest! (Running IPVanish)

1 Like

If this works out for you let me know. LOL!!!

This is open to everyone. What is the best way to upgrade/update KODI to the best latest version…without losing anything/everything as we did with our other android box. Thx

Updating kodi shouldn’t affect your Android box.

Just go to downloader and update kodi. All your addons should remain.

But if the addon isnt compatible with the updated kodi you will have to wait for them to update their addon.