Kodi, Real Debrid, etc

I just installed Kodi 20.1 on my Fire Tv Cube. I had not used Kodi before, but I had heard a lot about RealDebrid so I bought 6 months of it and thought I could integrate it into my Cube and cut down on the buffering. I have two IPTV providers and get lots of buffering. I have a strong Wi-Fi signal.
Anyway, since the articles I read in my email were straightforward, I decided to install the Kodi and Viva build and then use the article on how to install RealDebrid on Kodi.
Once I got it all set up with no apparent errors this “build” had so much visual overload for me that I couldn’t even back out of it to go to settings and attempt to install RealDebrid, which I have just purchased. When I clicked on any icon the show came up and was working, but it was just two “busy” for me with icons running up the side of it, lots of which I couldn’t discern their function.
The only way I could back out of it was go back to the home button, since I couldn’t find any type of “settings”.
I decided to just delete the Kodi app I had just installed and start from scratch. I’ve read “the crew” build is popular, so I’m willing to give it a go if I can figure out how to get my RealDebrid integrated into my Fire TV Cube.
Guys and Gals, you are dealing with a lightweight here, so easy HELP is needed.
Thanks

3 Likes
1 Like

Thanks for your response.
I just installed Kodi again and “Superman Build”. Following Troypoint install for Real-Debrid, I go to “Premium Login”, Universal Resolvers 2, and “(re) Authorise My Account”. As per Troypoint, I get a code on the screen and input it. I’ve done this several times and the code does not work. I’ve chosen to “reset my authorization” and then tried it and it does not work.
I noticed that contrary to what Troypoint suggested, you are to go to https:/www.premiumize.me/device to input the code and this does not offer anything.
After spending more than 2 hours on this, I think I’ll let it rest for the day. Either I’m doing something wrong or this flies over the head of the average user

Unsolved Mysteries Update: I just tried the code one more time and it worked! I did no one thing differently. Real-Debrid told me I could close the page and I was good to go.
Just looking around Kodi, I can see that I have a learning curve. How can you tell within Kodi that you have Real-Debrid installed?
Thanks

3 Likes

Don’t use builds to start, try Kodi and 1or2 add ons such as Homelander or The Promise, Moira. Good luck

3 Likes

Not quite understanding :confused: you can’t link Real-debrid on Premiumize website?
Real-debrid links usually are green and will say RD somewhere in the link description

There are several Debrid type services. If you have Real Debrid you need to Authorize in Real Debrid not Premiumize. Make sure you are in the Real Debrid 'section in Universal Resolvers

5 Likes

Watch the entire video I linked. It will answer all of your questions. Stop messing around with a build until you understand the basics.

2 Likes

Thank You for you response. I’m slowly learning the ropes here!

1 Like

There was nothing available in Premiumize that I saw for a link. Troypoint was correct in guiding me to the right place. It just didn’t work until about the 10th try. Thanks for your response.

1 Like

Thanks, Jayhawk. I’m going to do just that as time permits. There are lots to unpack here.

Thanks, I believe I finally got it. At least, I got a message from the site that the code I put in as per Troypoint instructions had worked after multiple tries and I could close the Real-Debrid window.

Update: I can now see the integration of Real-debrid as per their “My Devices” page. Moving around Kodi , I can see all the programs I have installed on my Fire TV Cube. I’m assuming that I should run them all from here in order for Real-debrid to work?
Thanks for all your help.

Thanks for your response. I believe I’m on the right track. I don’t think I’m supposed to post the web address that I am looking at, but I can see my linked device, Fire TV Cube, etc. As per your advice on “Universal Resolvers”, after following a link how to find this, I can see in the Kodi build that that box is checked.
I do have a question on an “add-on”, “movies”. When I tried to add a movie I got a message, “No Debrid Providers Enabled”. How do I resolve this?
Thanks again

Real debrid isn’t an add on. With Kodi running any add on, Crew, Ghost, Shazam etc it will automatically use Real debrid for the best links. I signed up last week after Troypoint topic. Blown away by the massive jump in links and 4K 1080,

1 Like

You need to go into the settings of Kodi where you got your resolve your url. They’ll be another setting. To enable real debrid for your add-ons

Thanks, for the terminology correction

Thanks, that’s the answer I was looking for.

I have the same problem as hacksaw but on my Firestick after loading Kodi with Superman, I have followed the instructions as per Troypoint’s videos but at Universal resolves 2 it does not show Real Debrid at the top of the page. Instead, it shows Premiumize.Me. I went to the site and it’s another pay service. If you scroll down you can see Real Debrid under reset my authorization but you can not highlight it. I have also tried to connect it in FEN and The Crew with no way to ad Real Debrid. Just like Hacksaw I too paid for the service after Troypoints recommendation. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it.

1 Like

Welcome, just scroll to the line where Real Debrid is and you can hit re authorize. Fen and The Crew have been unreliable as of late try Seren or The Promise or maybe Homelander. Seren only works with Real Debrid. Lots of info on the site , use the magnifying glass at the top to search for info. :v:

1 Like

There are two provider sections!!! On the left side go to the second tab and it will be the first one on that list.