Kodi not working like it always has

I consider myself maybe not an expert but close to it with knowing what to do when something isn’t right so now I’m at a dilemma I have no clue about.
Since I’ve been dealing with Firesticks, VPNs and Kodi since 2016 and Real Debrid since 2000, I thought I’d seen it all. Shows/series that my wife and I have regularly watch off and on for years won’t play. Everything works as normal, it shows the Paid/Free streams, 100s of them and then when you have the system to go through to play one, it searches through all of them and says, no stream available. If this had happened once, I’d say, oh well must be true. It’s happening on everything except IPTV streams. I’ve tried them all, probably about 4 or 5 different series with the same thing happening. Popular shows like Blue Bloods to where Real Debrid usually finds 140-150 streams, deletes 60 leaving 90 or so to pick through, none play. Used to as we were watching that particular show, it would go through maybe 3-6 streams and then would find a stream to play. That was my first obvious thing that made me think something was wrong. Although I knew enough about the Firestick, VPN, Kodi, and Real Debrid I didn’t think there was any thing actually wrong with those but I uninstalled each and reinstalled them and same thing happened. I installed Streamio just to try it out and it won’t play anything either. I’m wondering if big brother has finally figured out what Kodi users were doing. I’ve never gotten a warning because I use my VPN rigorously no matter what. I even run it when there wasn’t a need to run it. Anyone having the same problems as me?

Can’t say i am having the same problem.

How is your kodi (20.3?) set up? Just addons or a build?

What addons are you trying to use? They can get outdated and become useless

I am guessing you verified your Debrid account is up to date. Did you resynch to your addons to your Debrid account to make sure they recognize each other? Check the Debrid website to make sure your device(s) are still listed.

Did you try a different VPN location? You never know.

i use kodi as a back up only. much better stand alone apps out there for movies series and sports etc

2 Likes

That is strange. I am not having that issue and have been using KODI every day for several years. Sounds like you have as well. Definitely something on your end and the only thing I can think of is your RD sub current? You might try just nuking everything and starting over with a Fresh KODI and whatever Build/Addons you use

1 Like

Agree, I think you need to do a factory reset (if you haven’t done it already). I have occassional issues with individual apps/Kodi that I can usually figure out but yours sounds like a cross-platform issue (RD or VPN). I don’t use builds on Kodi.

I’ll just add this as an afterthought, the exact same thing is happening to our bedroom TV that my wife watches sometimes when she doesn’t want to watch a ballgame in the front where I’m watching. Same exact thing happening to that TV/Firestick. Tried everything on it like I did the front TV. Weird as though my IP found me using VPN and said…NO!..Not today Mike! I don’t know what else it could be!

You still have not replied about your RD subscription having days left on it. If it’s happening on both your Sticks (And I assume you have one RD sub for your household) there’s a good chance you may have run out of days

No, it’s not my RD subscription…Mar 26th. I’ve uninstalled Kodi and several apps on both front and bd tvs and no go. RD counts down as if it’s going to work and then nothing. I’ve found that Seren does work like The Crew used to and Stremio does what The Crew does also except on some very old movies. It’s almost like my fiber provider found out I’m using a VPN and Kodi with The Crew and they said…NO! Yes, I know, that doesn’t make any sense but that’s what’s happening on both my TVs and it started both at the same time. Seren works but The Crew and Stremio doesn’t. I have tried Asgard in the past but not lately. I might try Fen and some others that I haven’t tried. Any other ideas since nothing has worked so far?

Hmmm something on your end as I watch shows on The Crew just about every day. Have you tried Homelander Addon? That is working great as well

I know you started fresh and your RD account is active but did you resync your addons? Seren is working but not The Crew, right?

What do you mean by RD is counting down? That doesnt happen on my kodi.

I dont use Stremio if thats where it happens.

Good Point @JPM69 makes here. After the reinstall of The Crew did you also make sure to Reauthorize Real Debrid? I think he means that RD goes through all the Streams but then says no Streams found. That happens when your RD sub expires OR your RD is Not Authorized in the Addon

I started fresh with a new Kodi and got 20.4 , Reauthorized RD, and then when I put in something that in the past had over 150 streams, 4k, 1080k, 720K, and 420(whatever it is) while it is counting the servers that could be available, lets say there are 150 and the program deletes 60 of them, then there are 90 of different Mbps video streams to go through until it goes through all 60 of them and then says no stream available. That didn’t happen in the past. My wife loves Blue Bloods and if we missed one on Friday night, I could the next morning find it say out of 150, it would find one to play on the 3rd one it scanned, not so now. It’ll go through all 90 and say no stream available. If I look up Blue Bloods on Seren it’ll do what The Crew used to do. I’d rather use The Crew because it usually had more choice to where it might have 150, Seren will have 80 or so! As far as RD hasn’t expired…Mar 26 and Authorized and put in the Prioritize/device code and it shows authorized on my phone before the TV clears to say it’s authorized. I’ve done this so many times in the past couple of weeks, I’ve basically got it memorized. I’m at a loss. I’ve been fooling with Kodi since I think, 15.0 or 16.0 and have seen all the improvements upgraded but since I know Amazon doesn’t like us picking all that stuff up, even though I use a VPN on EVERYTHING concerning Kodi, I don’t know any other reason to tink I can’t pick up The Crew anymore. I figure I’ll figure it out by accident and then won’t know what fixed it, is usually what happens. Oh, well, thanks for all your help!

Something is happening with RD right now. See other threads.

Yup KODI is Down and it sounds like RD is the issue. I’ve tried on all 3 addons I use and no playable streams The issues with RD seem to be happening a lot more often the past year or so. My IPTV service has a pretty good VOD Library and that’s my Backup

Same here, I checked Seren which worked last night and tonight it won’t load packages. Something is going on.

Do you have Kodi set to update add-ons automatically? Is it set to update official add-ons only or any addon?
If not then your add-ons are out dated and need to be updated .

I don’t remember but I downloaded 20.4 and it was just put out. I feel pretty sure it has all the updates. If I’m not mistaken, it sets alto update itself but I’ll doublecheck!

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the new Kodi 20.4 and none of the addons that I’ve tried seem to be working does anyone know how to fix it
Thanks

not having any problems re apps on 20.4 but i dont use builds maybe why

I don’t use builds either, they’ve given problems from the first time I used them year ago. Seren was working on 20;4 last night and it was the only one I tried. May try some more today when I get time. Amazingly enough when you’re retired, I’m sometimes busier than I was when I worked 40 hours/week. How did I get anything done? I don’t have any way of proving it but something’s fishy about certain things not working, there has to be an explanation! Right now I’m not sure there is a correlation between 20.3 or 20.4 for an app to not work, there might be but I’m not sure. Some of my apps were working when I transferred to 20.4 and then quit so I don’t think switching to 20.4 is the key, I think it’s something else! EDITED @9:30PM. I was able to add the Asgard with the RD and it’s working fine like The Crew used to work. The Crew still isn’t working so it’s an app problem with me because my RD is working like it should. Again, I’ll say, The Crew stopped on it’s own. I didn’t upgrade Kodi when it stopped working or any other app on both my TVs. In my estimation, the problem is with The Crew since it was working before.