Kodi Add Ons being removed automatically

Hi team,
Is anyone suffering the same issue. After creating addons, setting them up and running them in the same session, and they work eg seren. I put the Firestick to sleep. When it ‘wakes’ up and I go back into Kodi all the add ons are gone. It’s as if Kodi has reset itself to ‘factory mode’.

I’ve tried loading it a few times but with the same result - the next step is a full factory reset of the firestick and start again.

A customer in Ohio called yesterday and said that was happening to his and I didn’t have an answer for him…

1 Like

I had that problem on Nvidia Sheild . I fixed it by not deleting the kodi app when deleting all the apps that were still running in the backround . Every time I deleted kodi that was running in the backround I lost all my addons in kodi . Leve Kodi running in the backround . Also I found that every time I cleaned my Sheild with Def Sqid it also would delete my Kodi addons .

2 Likes

ahhh that could be the problem with Def Squid … Thx for that tip! I have been using that of late and that could explain it!

1 Like

I use defsquid on my 4K Max every day and have never had that issue. If the actual kodi remains and just addons disappear that’s usually a result of deleting data and not just the cache.

2 Likes

@Oz_pete

As @Miki and @scooterboy952 have mentioned this can happen when killing apps PLUS deleting data.

Never delete the data on any app, it messes up, takes all your info out including saved info and possibly delete the app, that hasebt happened to me, but on some devices it does occur. Clean cache for space not data unless you are Uninstalling.

3 Likes

^^^^ what he said, and yes its very easy to accidently hit the delete data instead of delete cache button, :grimacing: been there, done that :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Often when deleting data in kodi instead of cache this will remove all settings, and add-ons from kodi.
The best way to solve this issue is to uninstall then install Kodi. This will avoid you having headache with kodi in the future. :blush:

1 Like

Every time I double clicked the top right button on my remote and deleted the backround apps if the kodi app was one of them all the addons in kodi got deleted . Same when cleaning with Def Squid . Hope this explains this problem a little better .

1 Like

Matrix I wasn’t deleting data in kodi . I was deletng the apps running in the backround on my Sheild .

1 Like

@scooterboy952

Hi there. I know that don’t worry this is just a general comment ment for the topic and not addressed to anyone in person.

This is a general Kodi settings handling when deleting data instead of cache this will ends in headache :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Not really. What are you clicking in defsquid. There simply isn’t any module in it that would delete data or addons.

1 Like

When you say deleting apps in the background do you mean you were “force stopping”? Sorry but terminology makes a huge difference in troubleshooting issues

1 Like

There isn’t a top right button on the Firestick remote.

Do you mean the “settings” button, three horizontal lines nicknamed “the hamburger”?

Yes ! It happens when I force stop the apps in the backround .When I force stop kodi in the backround I lost all my addons . Sorry if I didn’t explan it right .

1 Like

Oh no, it’s all good. I force stop and clear my cache every day and I’ve never lost any addons in Kodi. It’s got to be something else going on. I have no idea what though.

1 Like

I had the same problem with defsquid every time I used the cleaner it would erase my entire kodi build, (3 times) so I erased troy’s defsquid and downloaded defsquid again from another source and never had this erasing problem again.

1 Like

@pjvv75

Troy uses the same defsquid… you probably needed to update it.

3 Likes

I would like to respectfully disagree, I am a founding member of Troypoint and very well versed in all aspects of streaming and I can guarantee that all of my sources were updated and I can only give advice about this issue from my experience of what happened and how I fixed it, your comment about Troy using the same defsquid might not be accurate because I didn’t reveal the other source so how are sure that the 2 defsquid’s are the same ? And I think it is very unlikely that an outdated TP app ( not the case here) would cause a defsquid cleaning
to erase an entire kodi build 3 times, I also have a very important clue to help everyone, a normal defsquid cleaning takes about 20 to 30 seconds on my second source app, on my TP defsquid app the cleaning takes about 20 to 30 minutes and after completion my kodi build on my 4k max , 19.4 is gone only the original kodi app remains so if your defsquid cleaning is taking longer than 30 ish seconds I would stop the cleaning in order to save the build.
I’m only trying to help, no hard feelings here, I hope this helps.

@pjvv75

Regardless, the one tp uses is the same onw on their website or playstore.

Deleting your kodi data will or can result in loss of kodi completely. I can respect you and your founding member status. But the app is the same unless you got a modded app. If you got a bad kodi mod or bad version defsquid may have flagged it.

Sounds like its resolved so awaome.

1 Like