Just calm down! Kodi users!

Update 12/20/22 2:00 PM EST:
All systems are back up and running. If you’re still having issues please force close Kodi and reopen. If necessary, reauthorize your Trakt account to get your collection to show up again. All trending categories should be working now, as well as search functionality.

Your build isn’t broken and your add-ons aren’t broken (probably). Just relax.

Whether you realize it or not, several add-ons still pull information from Trakt regardless of whether you authorize your personal account or not. Things like the trending lists or search functionality rely on information from the Trakt servers when you are using add-ons such as the crew. And since a lot of builds (i.e. skeleton crew) are built on these add-ons, a lot of the functions may not work.

This isn’t a permanent issue. When Trakt is fixed then all these other issues will be fixed. In the meantime, I always recommend having backup options. This is exactly why I put Nightwing and Homelander add-ons in the skeleton crew build as well.

11 Likes

I was just about to make a topic regarding this and kodi. So, with all the kodi posts, please read this.

In the mean time:

Take a look here for the best recommend aps with real debrid setup.

5 Likes

It is amazing how popular Kodi is. When one issue happens with a build or add-on, it takes over the forums lol.

2 Likes

When this debacle gets sorted out I’m taking pictures of my Trakt movies/TV Shows or perhaps old school write them down on a legal pad! :rofl: I’m lost without my watched in Trakt checkmark!. That’s assuming of course my user data is able to be restored by Trakt

3 Likes

I agree that the search in The Crew and Seren that are imbedded in a build, such as Xenon are still working. But on my FireSticks that I run Kodi with these two as add addons the search function ceased to work on or about Wednesday. It also stopped working on Crewnique.

2 Likes

Mine wasn’t working yesterday, but it is today. Just give it time.

1 Like

I don’t have a build just manually addons…so bit’s and pieces are working on Fen and Serene

I have now pinned this for everyone too see, TRAKT api being down is effecting kodi and almost all addons. Please see this and do a search before we post about kodi and the search function. Please come here if you have updates, i dont use trakt so i haven’t seen the update status but its posted.

Look here status update.

2 Likes

ALL SYSTEMS GO!!!

Everything is back up and running. Trending categories work and do does the search function. Force close Kodi and reopen if it still isn’t working for you.

3 Likes