Jellyfin server setup

The only reason I can mix and match recordings with emby is I am a paid subscriber. I just basically download them to same location and have emby sort them.

Supposedly, Jellyfin has those capabilities. But being a fellow Linux vet, we know that FOSS can mean some things are actually easierā€¦but some are not.

yep and why I opted for an android server. I just felt it meshed easier with other android boxes and all my pc is used for is web interface.

LOL!
You made a conscious decision for your serverā€¦my ā€œdecisionā€ for using my Linux Mint machine is sort of happenstance after I became a Windows upgrade victim/refugee.

Actually I did a 180 today and removed the android server(had only 2gb ddr4) and was sluggishā€¦so I swapped to a mini pc ive had sitting in the corner doing nothing and threw it ito service as my server. Decided on router usb as my download location for speed and all flying againā€¦at least till I think of something else to do :sweat_smile: :thinking:

1 Like

PLEASE DONā€™T PUNTā€¦JUST HUDDLE UP AND REGROUP!! Great String folksā€¦keep up the great workā€¦ I love following yallā€™s ā€œresearching others researchā€! Got my interest up to get another streaming project going anyway. Iā€™m about to update my LAN to Fiber to the desktop. Down with the Buffer, Full speed ahead!!!

Okā€¦more moves :crazy_face: Decided I needed another box for transcoding my vids etcā€¦trying to stay cheap but functional. Will be testing this box tomorrow as a home for emby. I already have a 5TB raid storage prepared to act as storage, so mainly just wanting the 4gb ram here for a little speed.

AmazonSmile: Amlogic S905X4 Android 11.0 4Gb 64Gb Rom MxIII Pro X4 Tv Box Android Tv Box 8K Ultra Hd Support 2.4G/5.8G Dual WiFi Bt 4.0 HD 1000M Usb 3.0 with h9 : Electronics

Oh lordy,
And Iā€™m just using a used eMachine with a used SSD and used 1TB 3.5 inch HD for media.
Less than $100 total for my Plex server.

Its possible I will basically keep my current setup but somehow change my recording place. Currently recording to a 1tb nvme ssd through my router usb connection. Works fine but I really prefer leaving my router out of the setup. The server is a mini pc running arch linux with 8gb ram and runs smooth with anything I throw at it so far. The secret is just getting samba all sorted for recordings. will know tomorrow when I do more stuff :crazy_face:

me 2 Iā€™ve hearing about jellyfin also

Iā€™ve had some family obligations crop up, so I havenā€™t been able to spend time to set-up and tinker with Jellyfin like I want to.

Ive got emby running very nice right now. Using a 4tb external hdd in an enclosure to my router as storage. My mini arch pc is doing all the heavy lifting and androids are providing the user interface/viewing. Eventually will switch to a dedicated android samba server for storage and routing only as the arch pc is providing transcoding etc.

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.