It’s official: Ads are coming to the Windows Start menu

It’s official: Ads are coming to the Windows Start menu | PCWorld

4 Likes

I got an old HP computer. This is going to slow start up even more!

Eventually we will see advertisements with advertisements in them…

There should be a law that if they advertise on something you own they need to pay you.

5 Likes

Exactly! That’s my opinion however, they believe Microsoft owns the software and anything on it says microsoft is their software

1 Like

Not sure if you ever heard if Louis Rossman. He has a YT channel and maybe some other social media.

He was a big voice for our Right to Repair act. Basically saying if I own a phone/car/tractor/computer etc. I should have a right to get it fixed where i want. They industries dont want that anymore. They want to control who fixes what you own. If i own it it should be mine.

I’m rambling a little but i bet he will comment on this as he has many issues both personal to him and all of us.

2 Likes

Yeah the farmers in California used to think they own the water underground their farms, now California’s charging them for it.

California will tax you for money you wish you earned. Lol

2 Likes

read a story last week that roku was gona start pushing ads through hdmi connections :grimacing:

2 Likes

well bill gates needs the money

1 Like

I dunno about you all,but I am sick of ads!I mean it’s almost to the point of science fiction becoming reality.Next thing you know our minds will be infiltrated with ads.

Thing is I’ll never understand why companies are so hellbent on advertisements.They sure as heck don’t work on me,or much of my family and friends.

money talks

1 Like

Mineral rights and atmosphere rights. I believe determine how far down and how far up you have ownership, but not sure?

Yeah who owns the moon. LOL!

*HI, I’m Mike Lindell…My Windows …"

'nuf said.

(Tiny 11 is looking better and better.)

The same people who own Antarctica, I suppose? :upside_down_face:

1 Like

All the more reason to have a Linux machine. The UI of Linux Mint is as easy as any of the Windows OS. And there are a lot of different “flavors” (AKA: variations) of Linux OS’s available.

1 Like

Linux Mint was always my go to for a Linux build. It was the closest to a Windows UI in Linux and was well supported. Then I would run a Windows VM for the things that needed to be done in Windows.

1 Like

I abandoned Windows and computers 8 years ago. All I need is my smart phone , TV & TV Boxes :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Use a good Linux distribution!

I need local storage for some stuff, plus I use my machine as a Plex server. In addition I fairly often need some office software…Libre Office suits that well enough. I guess that I could make do without computers, but it’d be inconvenient.