It’s official: Ads are coming to the Windows Start menu

I 100% agree. My biggest complaint concerns printers. They now have chips in them and the toner cartridges YOU BUY FROM THEM have the matching chip. If you buy recycled or refurbished from Amazon the printer often works poorly or doesn’t work at all. The catch is you have to join HP, Cannon, etc and the monthly charge is based on how many pages are printed, and goes up if you print more than you did the month before. So far the only company that, I’ve found, that doesn’t use that concept is Pantum.
I believe that form of control is called a Monopoly. I’m getting very tired of bots and AI"s contriling what I can and can not do.

Yes, LR rants about HP printers as well IIRC. He started complaining about Apple not allowing him and other smaller companies from fixing their phones. Now he has a wider range of complaints.

I have an Epson printer and so far i am lucky to have found cheaper ink on Amazon that works. I will never buy HP again.

1 Like

I have “Dish” as my TV provider, and they constantly run very annoying small banner ads during shows and during commercials, so there is your ads within ads. I think you’re right, it won’t take long before they do it with PC’s.

People are still using Windoze? I abandoned that nonsense back in 2005, lol.

1 Like

The main reason I loathe Bing. I use a widescreen monitor and you would be hard pressed to find any additional ad space when I use it. It’s everywhere on my screen! Just hate Bing for that reason. Too much, way too much advertising, everywhere the eye can wander!

not if you get this I have it on my Windows 10 for many years … it has that startup just like the old windows 7

1 Like

Im the same. Not used my pc for a while now.
Just use it for updating my sat nav. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

So essentially a launcher for Windows…never even considered that as an option for whatever reason. After Windows adds ads, custom launchers will probably become popular for those that still use PCs.

1 Like